Y&R: August 2016 Discussion thread

• Members

I wonder what they are going to do about the Sully situation.  Are they just going to put it on hold for the long haul? That would be my preference. I don't see much point in the reveal if Adam isn't around, unless they change the paternity, I guess.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think it's on hold indefinitely. But I think that's a bad move. It's needs to end now and move on. This is a stolen baby we are talking about. I'd rather it come out and have a big baby lottery with everyone going for custody. Victor/Nikki vs Chelsea vs nick vs Sharon/dylan. 

But just playing these cutesy family stories with sharon/dylan just doesn't work with a stolen baby at the center. 

• Members

Has...it taken almost 30 years for Neil to have a story about his parents? I wasn't watching the first 10-15 years he was on the show.

How long has Amelia Heinle been on the show now? Still can't act, looks like death warmed over, not Victoria.

Phyllis is too damn old to be having daydreams about marrying Billy. That's just gross. This woman is 50 years old. Get it together!

• Members

plus it's so repetitious with playing the same beats day in and day out with the same characters. Things that were once exciting becomes boring quickly when it's played every day. 

How many times have we seen an Adam jail story now? quick count...5. How many times has he died now? 2 in 2 years. 

If you're gonna recycle a story at least tell it for a different character. Might make it appear a little fresh. 

Hilary cheated on Neil 2 years ago. In soap time that is a decade. Everyone else on canvas are on their 3rd story since then. Why is neil and hilary still talking about that? Viewers been moved on. No one cares anymore. They barely cared then. Viewers were focused on devon's betrayal while the show cared more about hilary/neil. And this persists to this day. Playing the beat viewers care the least about. Hilary is Neil's mother all over again? Huh? Terrible writing. 

• Members

Why I stopped watching so many years ago - Drucilla - who the baby daddy - Malcolm or Neil and that drug out for 3 or 4 years and was never resolved.  And Victor and Nikki back then - and the magazines said - Y&R is SOOOO consistently well written with LONG ARC storylines.  And the same critics would wreck other shows that had ANY kind of pace and direction.  Y&R was praised for being so consistent and having such KEEN long arc storylines.  Guess what - it's trash, folks.  It's boring and repetitive.  And B&B does it the same now only it's much faster and every day is the same dialogue.  Give Victor some tongs to help him twirl his dastardly chartoon character mustache...and give Nikki a megaphone to screech "HELP" from the railroad tracks that Victor has tied her to....only to swoop in to save her, to SAVE THE FAMILEHHHH! 

And I noticed on the 11,000 show intros....why does Eric Breaden have a much worse accent now than he did in the 70's???? Does he go to Austria often for it to affect his accent that much?  He was on CHIPs and other shows in the 70's where he had almost no accent...even on Y&R back then it was much less than it is now.  Usually when you live in a country for several years...your accent starts to dissolve.  Meanwhile, Marissa the South American sounded like totally Spanish and in 2 weeks had no accent at all.  But in 38 years, Victor's accent has gotten stronger. 

EEET IS THE PARAGONNNN VIRUSSSSS, OK??!!!! I must PROTECT MY FAMILEHHHHH, OK???!  IT IS BECAUSE OF IAN WODDDDDDDDD,OK??!!!! - I didn't KNOW IT would GET THIS FAHHHH, OK??? OK????!  (he's started with the "OK" thing again within the past 2 weeks).--Victor Newman. 

• Members

Oh please, that's not what I said. You have a grown woman that's been married multiple times daydreaming about a fantasy wedding with her lover. It's stupid. A few weeks ago they had her sobbing on her bed like a teenage girl. The writing for this character is a joke.

• Members

I actually enjoyed Wednesday's episode and found it to be one of the more inoffensive shows in the last two months although certainly Phyllis' fantasy was an oddball stretch. As for Neil's family past it could be of interest, unless of course we find out Neil's mother is really Jewish and they are being hunted down by Nazis. 

Y&R is indeed suffering bad ratings losses this past summer and a lot of people are citing the Adam prison mess as the reason why. I don't blame them it's probably been the most frustrating stupid story in Y&R history since Skye's volcano death(also involving Victor). With Hartley leaving, the show had plenty of time to resolve the Sully mess and even have Adam be haunted by Chloe's return. Adam could have gone into hiding over the fallout of being revealed as Sully's father while hiding from Chloe using a Chelsea 2.0 business venture as his cover and excuse while's he's out of town with Chelsea still in contact until the show decided to recast. Instead we've dealt with this prison mess instead. 

BTW the Sully thing hasn't even been brought up again since Faith told the Sheila story at the campfire. A story that should have never been written in the first place with two key players already dead and who knows maybe Sully will die of SIDS before the truth will actually come out. What a clusterfuck. 

I'm wondering if at this point since it's probably quite his contract this fall isn't going to be renewed that Pratt is going to sabatoge Y&R. He certainly did a number on his show The Lying Game...

• Members

And? That's pretty much the stuff this genre is made of. You're the one who brought up her age, as if 50 year old women don't have fantasies about romance. Whatever you meant, your comments are coming off as ageist and sexist. Teenaged girls aren't the only ones who cry when their love lives go to $hit.

• Members

It's probably best to forget but do remember it was only four years ago that Phyllis was shacking up with Ronan and that was a hell of a mess. While I did take issue over Phyllis and Billy sleeping together behind Jack's back because I think they make better scheming partners as opposed to lovers, the Billy/Phyllis affair has been a lot better than some of Y&R's other affairs in recent years including Billy/Victoria. 

Archived