Y&R: August 2016 Discussion thread

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Just in case anyone hasn't seen the repair to the Chancellor mansion set:

Please register in order to view this content

As you've said, it isn't exactly the same, but it's a much more respectful, believable update to the set. Angelica McDaniel tweeted that the mural over the stairs was a 'tribute' to the old one, which had been wallpaper (and obviously unsalvageable after JFP destroyed the set). They've also incorporated an original lamp and a few of the knick knacks in the shelves are from the original set decoration. Sweetly, you can spot three pictures of Jeanne on the side table and in the bookshelves.

• Members

I dont think most viewers even know about Muhney's antics BTS. So I don't think bringing him back would turn many off except for those who are plugged into that kinda thing. 

I tthink the actors and actresses would be turned off more than anything. That would be a big problem on set. 

• Members

I thought Muhney was perfect as Adam Newman and just couldn't imagine anyone else playing the role, but I have to admit that Hartley has made me a believer that he is indeed Adam.  Also, I think people who follow soaps on line definitely know about the accusations that were made when MM was fired.  

• Members

I agree, I have never liked the reorientation of the mansion set. It was not necessary as it did not improve the angles for shooting at all. And those dining room doors remaining permanently shut is sad - that was a stunning room and effectively used over the years for many a confrontation. I wonder how much space they actually saved with that change - I bet not much at all. Just another change for change's sake. Pointless.

• Members

It would have be a whole lot more believable for Victor to bribe a sympathetic judge and then set up the guard and his family for life and allow Adam to get off than it is for Victor to break Adam out of prison and turn Nikki into an accessory. Just saying. 

• Members

If JH's filming schedule didn't require an exit, the story would've picked up with the real pages, Adam released and the Chrully reveal lurking. It's not great, but at least this has been a long sustained story, etc. 

BTW - the writer of the Mariah/Daniel scenes should be slapped  WTH with Phyllis yapping away - it would've been different if it was MS but GT has no business in those scenes  And then the Kecin propping  Really? But thank you for the flashback from 2005. I'm.more convinced than ever that Mariah/Daniel would've sizzled  

• Members

Is there a reason Gina Tognoni looks like she's in physical pain in every scene? She's so cold and miserable looking.

Jack is written as such a buffoon and PB plays him as if he just sprung from the womb, it's weird. Nick is upset that Summer was held hostage and Jack is prattling on about "You'd be so proud of our bright shining girl, she was a real champ." Shut up, Jack.

• Members

Re: Katherine's mansion?  

It doesn't look like one, it doesn't seem at all like an estate definitely no longer stunning...  It doesn't even look like a large house.  It always seemed like a mansion to me and was one of my favorite things about this show loved just looking at it.......The Chancellor Estate.   

The color palette is much better but its cramped and puny.  Not a fan of the sofa it just looks cheesy to me.   I assume the crystal or is it Lucite?  candlesticks is suppose to give it an aura of elegance which it sorely lacks.

Jack is prattling on....   .... YEP!  I thought the same thing STFU...please.  He's  so insufferably self-righteous I actually turned the channel and didn't come back.  I can't take him.

I found myself glad (don't know why) 
Phyllis told Billy about his mummy knowing about their affair and that caused her to back down.

• Members

Re the Chancellor estate.

Agree that the reorientation was unsettling.What was the reason for that?

A return to the yellow pallette was a big improvement.Wish they reinstated the checkerboard tiling in the foyer.

That sofa is way too basic,having something more in style with original would have definitely been an improvement.

And some of those tchotchkes are low rent,particularly that ugly green thing on the table.

• Members

I noticed that there are times where GT will have these whiplash reactions or jerks (like when she was on couch at Summer's). It's really odd that there are times where GT plays Phyllis as VERY masculine. I saw her on OLTL and GL and she certainly can play sensual, but she sometimes comes across as very stiff. I also don't think she particularly likes doing scenes with PB and HHK, so there's that.

The 'new age' Jack doesn't work at all - nor does the much maligned foundation - get all those people to work at Jabot, CI or NE, etc. Jack/Victor rival is as essential to the show as Nikki/Victor and Jill/Kay. And the whole Summer sending Nick off to be with Chelsea was beyond forced. "Oh, Dad. Stupid me was just held hostage by my lying fiance, but you go ahead and make sure your sister-in-law is OK.'

Archived