Y&R: August 2016 Discussion thread

• Members

The Jack/Victor (or Abbot/Newman) rivalry could easily be extended into the next generation IF those characters were given plausible stories and worked at Jabot or Newman.  With Jack and Victor pulling the strings behind the scenes and the younger generation doing the heavy lifting of story.  I can't understand how the writers don't see that.  Get a recast Noah and Kyle (although I liked LB) and go for it.  To hell with PB and bring in Keemo. Jack and Victor's old spider webbed geriatric asses shouldn't be driving story like they do.

The show feels great.  Very marked improvement in the production values, that's for sure.  Now if Mal Young could get himself a real writer on the show, there might just be hope for Y&R yet.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

GT is playing it much softer now. When she first came on, it was worse. One scene Phyllis sat by Jack on the couch and I couldn't tell which was the man. Posture, mannerism, the jerks. I'm assuming this is GT portraying strength and assertiveness. However, I simply see a woman whom Jack would never think would be interested in him or any other man. 

• Members

Phyllis has been trying to avoid having sex with Jack for weeks now lol. 

I can understand the need for Hartley's break/exit/sayonara for now or for good but Pratt had plenty of time to wrap his foolishness and give Adam a clean "I need to go find myself for awhile" break as opposed to 

• Members

The show does indeed look great and Lee Phillip Bell being on was superb with her scenes with Christine and Paul. However the show definitely needs A WRITING change fast!

I would accept Adam run off to a Buddhist monastery before this mess. I guess I should be thankful Pratt didn't attempt to reuse his Kimberly/Peter lobotomy tale from Melrose Place and use it with Chloe and Adam. 

• Members

I guess Adam dying in the cabin explosion was Justin Hartley's exit storyline as Adam so JH can do his ''This Is Us'' primetime drama series on NBC? How come there wasn't any announcements on the soap sites about JH's exit from the show after Adam was killed in the explosion? Are they going to recast Adam yet again if the show brings back the character from the dead again?

• Members

I know it's weak. I'd rather they just had Adam go at Chelsea's instance, but that would put MCE in limbo. Regardless, my guess is that Chloe struck a deal with Adam - he leaves and she lets him live. Chloe drove him to plane and convinced pilot to tell Chelsa he never made it.

BTW - EH was fierce in her scenes from the walking up the stairs all the way to tracking Connor's dinosaur. She's a welcome addition back - especially since we got rid of lame Chloe knock-off (Natalie). 

• Members

The show was quite explicit that Natalie was a Chloe knock-off - almost from Day 1 - it was incorporated into dialogue about how much she looked like Chloe, etc. The character was given huge amounts of (undeserved) airtime, etc. and slotted right into Kevin/Mariah triangle. The return of Chloe resulted in Natalie disappearing in what six episodes? Even though Kevin drives me nuts, EH presence at least makes GR somewhat (OK, barely) believable as a romantic lead in a triangle. 

Archived