Y&R: August 2016 Discussion thread

• Members

Well, count me in as someone who thinks Phyllis' writing is better suited for Summer. Not a grandmother in her second descent into cheating on the same guy. It's not like phyllis hasn't been in love several times left. She's left jack to pursue a life with Nick that didn't end so well for her and wasn't easy. I do feel it's kinda silky to tell this sane story again. None of this is new to her. 

But then I tend to think almost every story told on the show is one generation off. Nick should be getting Victor's stories and Noah should be getting nick's stories, so to speak.  But the show just seems stuck. 

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This backflip to StePhyllis as a girl who can't be with the man she wants because of his big, bad mama is wearing on me. Would the 'real' Phyllis be all poor me, victim to Jill? Heck no! Phyllis would be scheming to find ways to take down Jill! GT deserves better than this. And when the writers have brought out Phyllis 'real' persona, she has more than delivered. 

Otherwise, I believe this week has been quite good - even with plot holes aka those letters from Neil's mother kept handy in the desk drawer - but even there MM more than delivered the emotional punch I her scenes. 

• Members

Yep. Dreams and desires are fine, but it's all in the execution and the character's history. If she's coming across as a 17yo lovesick girl, then it's a problem.

The show will never get unstuck until a competent writer can come on board and create a viable younger generation. 

The vets are "forced" to carry so many stories (despite what's appropriate or not) because there are not many others who can hold the audience's interest.

LMAO. I love you.

OOC & the heroine?

Baaaaaarf.

• Members

When I heard that MG was coming back, I only wanted to see one thing - Daniel & Mariah coming face-to-face. It's hard to believe that Cassie died over 11 years and I've been curious to see he MG/CG would interact. It's too bad that MG isn't going to be a regular because I'd love to see a Mariah/Daniel pairing.  

• Members

ditto about Graz and Camryn Grimes that would have been interesting. 

Sully's paternity issues matter less if Adam is the Dad and not available. All it would do is pull apart Sharon and Dylan, right now unless they used it as a way to write someone else off the show.

• Members

There is another route if they decide to go forward with the Chrully reveal, which  I'm assuming they are because of SC's interview last month, Nick/Chelsea. If the reveals happens while JH is off canvas for his show, Sharon doesn't know Adam is father, but Chelsea does.... Honestly, I'd rather they leave this for a few more months. 

Archived