DAYS: January 2016 Discussion Thread

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Those Stefano and Hope scenes were terrible and badly acted especially from JM. I wonder if that final scene was a fakeout bc if not, Hope needs to go to jail. She shot the main in cold blood and she's already under suspicion for murder as she's lost her mind since Bo died. She needs to be arrested ad thrown in jail again bc she is out of control

• Members

You don't know how much I wanted to love the Hope and Stefano confrontation. But it rang completely hollow. For a few reasons.

No one cares anymore. Stefano should have stayed dead several times over now. It's time to move on. I love Joe Mascolo and Stefano but it's time. Let this stick and have him be dead. It's also hard to care when we've been here and done this. And there was even a murder mystery in 2012. And his will reading in 2002. Just some examples of times he should have stayed gone.

And no one cares that it's Hope. Hope will get off, if he's really dead, so what's the point of it all? I don't care about Hope's never-ending revenge. I don't care about her yelling at Rafe and making me hate her over him because she's a nutcase bitch all of a sudden. I don't care that Hope's ignoring her poorly cast daughter. I'd leaver her every chance I got to ... I don't care to see Hope on trial. Not anymore. I'd rather see Marlena on trial for his murder. John Black should have stayed dead in 2008 (even if I liked RoboJohn and am back to liking John now -- he's utterly pointless) and Marlena should have murdered him, or at least thought she did, and she should have had the story Hope has.

Hope's killing of Stefano also feels hollow because of how Rafe is going on and on about it all and protecting her, so naturally, that tells me she's wrong and of course Stefano wasn't to blame so Hope killing him will be a big mistake she makes. I'm pretty sure

I adored Stefano calling out Hope. He was so right and so nasty towards her. I know Stefano's screwed with her life and Bo's over the decades but it just felt as hollow as he was making it out to be.

And the acting was bad. The direction was bad. It wasn't great. I did like the shooting and seeing the 'blood' ooze out and Stefano collapsing on his chess board. But I felt so cold and uninvested. I should have been all over that scene like it was crack. But I shrugged and moved on with my day. That's a problem.

And there's just too much death all the time on this show. Paige, Serena, Will, Bo, Daniel, Stefano ... ENOUGH. Lord.

I also see Daniel's getting weeks worth of send-offs. He's had Rafe cry over him. He's had Jennifer and Abby cry over him. He's had Caroline and Julie comfort Maggie (why was Caroline not at the hospital for Eric or Theresa? For Roman?). He's had Eric sobbing over him (they get rid of Vaughan but keep the actor playing Fynn? Tragic). Nicole's sniffed his [!@#$%^&*] bracelets. I did lol at nuParker's non-reaction. Don't worry Parker, your real daddy is still in Salem and alive. And then you have Melanie back to plan his funeral.

I mean. Seriously? They couldn't wait to get Will off the canvas and Bo was equally as rushed (after months of seeing him tortured and wasted time with that). They can bring Melanie back but can't bring back Kim and Patsy Pease, who APPEARED IN 2015. Sigh.

This show is a mess. But I like that they're hitting on beats with the accident. Caroline's hospital absence is glaring but Marlena has been fantastic in mama bear mode. We've seen Belle dealing with it. Philip and Paul were included, although Paul remains a non-entity extra. Heck, we even had FauxRoman attempt to cry over Eric. So at least they're trying to hit the beats here.

And what was the point of Jennifer in the accident? I assume it's coming in the form of ....

• Members

If this is it, I would really love for them to do a private DiMera service for him. I know they're all dead, but have Andre telling Chad and Theo about Stefano's history and use some flashbacks.

It'll be a shame if the grown-up Theo never even got one scene with him!

Archived