DAYS: January 2016 Discussion Thread

• Members

To me the school scenes reminded me of end of Guiding Light type production

It looks like those scenes were shot with different cameras and lights then the other scenes and I found it jarring

Why dont they just use the Salem high set from when JJ, Rory, Paige & Bev were in school?

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Visiting family and DAYS on Pop. Can I just say that EM just made everyone in the room laugh with the Eric shaking scenes. I have to run DVR back to replay because we couldn't believe how awful it was. 

On the other hand, AZ's growth over the years is, frankly, remarkable. While other actors on DAYS (and we know who they are/were) barely grew over years, she clearly has put in time outside the show. 

• Members

Eric Martsolf has never been great IMO. He's likeable and that goes a long way but I'm not his biggest fan, lol. He's fine as Brady.

Today hasn't been awful.

Andre worrying to Chad about Stefano, and then Chad seeing the blood on the statue. I'm glad they're giving characters brains again.

I like that there's actual conflict between JJ and Jen not jumping for joy at Abby marrying Chad. Really liked that they gave Steve a scene with Abby and baby Thomas, even if it was a way to have Steve think about his potential baby with Ava.

Ugh to Joey professing his love to Ava and then kissing her. I'm glad she shut that down. Yaaasss to Kayla today. Fabulous. I'm so glad MBE is front and center. But damn at Ava knocking Kayla out. [!@#$%^&*].

Rafe and Hope wasted my time. They couldn't lay it on any thicker between them.

• Members

I always liked Hope. Not her biggest fan but she was warmer and likeable. Now she's cold and hard. I really would love a break from Hope at this point.

The show's been good, a bit of a mess, but it's loads better than Tomsell's worst. I can't stand the never-ending Daniel worship but it's been good soap.

• Members

Steve was finally able to interact with his extended family in a scene and it was obvious the whole thing wasn't about Abby/Thomas at all, but Steve looking at the baby and wanting to find his and Ava's son. I guess I'll be happy with what I can get and that just that Steve and Abby were in a scene speaking together, which is more than what they've given Steve/Adrienne.

Abigail should have not taken what JJ said so lightly. He needs to be knocked down some pegs from his pedestal he seems to have put himself on compared to Chad. JJ's dating a convicted murderer (who murdered his cousin) and the Horton's have yet to comment on it at all. JJ's been arrested, drug taking, drug dealing and there was the entire affair with Eve. Chad's not done half the horrible things JJ's done but JJ's going to attack Chad and compare him to murderer Ben? Ben who only Chad figured out and begged Rafe to put the cops after, Chad who saved Abby and Thomas's life? 

The guy dating the killer doesn't get to compare Chad to Ben.

• Members

I loved the Steve/Abby/Thomas/Chad scene - as soon as it happened I knew it was only for Ava plot-related purposes but it didn't feel too heavy handed as it was happening which was nice. I've just waited for so long for the show to let Steve interact with the Johnson side of his family. I'd like for the show to make good on Steve's promise to fill in for Jack but I know its highly unlikely 

Archived