DAYS: January 2016 Discussion Thread

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

CAUGHT UP!!! And...I thought it was a good week with a nifty cliffhanger.

And I'm with Bright Eyes. I thought JL did a good ugly cry over his confusion. But I thought he did good period. Definitely better than VJ. Speaking of the teens, I cannot for the life of me remember the bullying text story on Y&R. Was that the story with Jamie...the kid that got shipped off even though at the time he was the best of the teens?

WHAT I LIKED

It's very clear that JG loooooooooooooovessssssssss him sum Patch and Kayla. And because he cares (and the actors are great), I care.

I actually like Chad/Abby having some moments of peace. And love the conflict between her and her family.

AZ is just selling it as a in-mourning Nicole.

I missed the last two major arcs for Chloe so I love seeing her again.

Not going to lie. When Ava knocked Kayla out, I gasped and went THIS BITCA!!!! Say what you will, but Ava is moving some plot. That's for sure. But I like Ava.

WHAT I DON'T LIKE

You know...John/Marlena should have been part of Stefano's death. Makes no sense.

I never thought I would say this...but after a nice good direction that felt natural for Hope...up until a little bit after Bo died...she now just seems directionless and it's not a good look on her. It's like the writers don't know what to do now...and as a result, everything with her and Rafe (ugh) feels forced, flat, and plot driven.

That brings me to the pacing. While I liked it for the most part, I could sense those moments when something jarring would pop up that messed with the story flow (for example, the post-car accident stuff flowed into this week from last week seamlessly...then Hope storyline drops in like an avril. Or last week when the accident was going on and the kids or Hope storyline was dropped into that one episode).. Like John/Marlena being a little bit missing other than the accident. And then John's storyline about the search for his parentage popped in and its been so long since they touched on it, I forgot about it. The writers have proven they can balance all the storylines...knowing when to have one story be the A plot for that week while using a nice build for B plot while at the same time having a C plot simmer...so I wish they would do more of that

• Members

I honestly (and with all due respect) disagree. I find him miles better than her. Obviously it's a matter of perception and I won't argue over opinions, but I'm buying him, even if he is still green. Having Joey integrated into his parents' storyline, as opposed to floating off on his own, helps. I also think the material is giving JL a leg up -- it's a lot more natural for a green performer to tap into "I blindly have feelings for this person who doesn't return them" than "my father just returned from captivity and died of a brain tumor and my mother's new husband turned out to be psycho and now she's insane."

• Members

And that's how the SORAS teen should be introduced...interacting with the parents before a story is developed. And that is what they did with Joey. I do not at all find myself cringing over his stuff much versus Jovanni...and I am at least hoping she impresses.

Archived