Days: December 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

- The Sami/Belle/Dimera stuff is awful and also nonsensical? Sami was somehow able to steal the entirety of the Dimera fortune and is now on the run so she secretly gave most of the money to Belle just 'cause? Its so poorly drawn and I hate having to listen to everyone go on and on about Sami when she isn't even on the show anymore.

- I don't care about John's 656th search for his past. If they're doing this story, they need to get over the 'reveal' and make it more about the repercussions of whatever the reveal turns out to be (anticlimactic surely but just get it out of the way already)

- Hope has been on WAY too much. Rafe too but I'm really on a Hope-overload. It was fine with the 50th/Bope stuff but there was so much of her in the lead up to the wedding and there's been so much of her since. Its like she's been on for 3 months straight and she gets lengthy airtime in every episode. It doesn't help that the story is falling flat too. I didn't expect them to have Rafe blurt out his feelings so quickly though

- Chabby :wub: - definitely my bright spot on the show even though the conclusion to this Chad/Abby/Ben drama feels so sidelined. I would have liked to see Jennifer reacting to everything, seeing the baby for the first time, etc. I did love when she hugged Chad though. The scene with Chad, Abby and the baby (approve of the name choice) at the end was great too. Please give me some payoff and and not this Chad/Belle nonsense!!!

• Members

They should've left John as an Alamain all those years ago as that gave him the most story potential compared to his other history retcons. Honestly, I wish they would've left John dead after he was hit by that car all those years ago. 

I'm not caring for Chad/Abby. I'm beginning to realize that they strapped Abby with a baby too soon. Can we get some young women on this show with career ambitions? 

Hope.... Not here for it. 

• Members

You're just beginning to realize this? Abby is in her 20s. Neither she nor Gabi should have been strapped with kids. I've been tired of soaps tacking babies on to the young people so they don't have to come up with a proper story for them. Between DAYS and GH none of these women have ambitions outside of being suburban housewives. 

I'm about to tune back out of DAYS again because I'm not here for the bland teens either or Hope and Rafe. Rafe alone is enough to keep me away.

• Members

Don't forget Teresa too. 

I've been on and off DAYS for the past few weeks that it really didn't just set in until Abby and Chad were reunited with their child. 

It's not only GH & DAYS. It's all four soaps. Y&R and B&B are guilty of it too. Abby is currently talking about wanting Ben's babies on Y&R, Caroline is preggers on B&B, and Maya is baby hungry on B&B too. I just miss the days when we had career ambitious women to balance out women that wanted babies. I know I say this a lot but I miss the Gilly Speakes, Ellie Snyder characters. They were driven by success in their careers. Not by their vaginas. I'm fine with pregnancies on these shows as they must happen but that's all that drive soaps nowadays--the woman's vagina. Can we get people back into the workplace?! 

• Members

Caroline isnt a youngin though. She's like  30 though so theres a big difference between her wanting to be a mother and a college age student. Ditto on Maya. Besides both she and Maya DO have careers. They are both ambitous and successful in their respective positions (designer ande spokesmodel)

Why the heck is no one suspecting that the Dimeras were behind Bo's disappearance? Its odd that for years everyone would automatically blame Stefano for everything but the one time he is actually guilty, he's not even a suspect

Sami's story is terrible. I am not here for this

Im sick of Ciara's whiny voice. The actress just grates my nerves with the whining. Its the only emotion she knows how to play and its how she plays anything remotely emotional

Abby's son's name...hate it! I hate how everyone on this show is named after someone. Come up with an original name! I guess its better than Colin, giving her mother's history with that name, but still...

• Members

So the Dimera's have OR HAD hundreds of millions of dollars and have a living room that is about the size of one of my small non walk-in closets? They're so evil and powerful but Sami "the brat" Brady currently have them by their tails. Just go away, already. All of you. Really. Disappear. Chad ain't no Dimera, so just change his DNA.

This family still reigning supreme in the villain department also further weakens any story that extends into it. Referring to Stefano and Andre the clown [John's 5,000th origin story; the strife of John/Marlena's children; and probably Bo's kidnapping mastermind which of course spills into Hope's real target].

I didn't hate Rafe blurting out his love for some "soap awkward moment" reason. That said, WTF? has it been 48 hours since she buried TWO HUSBANDS? Where was the build up to that? Hopefully the speed is a sign that they decided to drop that agenda and are running through the beats. [Scene reminded me of Chase & Ciara moment]. I'm naive in some ways after my soap hiatus .

Steve & Kayla? Yeah, I'm FFwding it. Hopefully they chillax Hope's cray-cray a bit with Ava now back to bring the cray cray.

• Members

True (re: Maya/Caroline) but I still think they have plenty of time for baby stories. It'd be refreshing to see a woman even their age bracket not be eager to have kids so suddenly after marrying. It's unnerving. I just want stories that don't consists of a woman being bred. 

I didn't mind Abby naming her son Thomas, but I do hate that her child is named that with Dimera attached to it. Or even Jack. This is one time where she should've chosen an original name for her child.  

But are we going to actually see them work these jobs? See the work dynamic and story potential we could get from these jobs? I doubt it. It's DAYS. 

Archived