Days: December 2015 Discussion Thread

• Members

Abby, Theresa and Gabi should have never had children (just like Belle shouldn't be saddled with a teenage daughter, even if I do like the actress the best out of them all). It's too much. But to be fair, none of them really set out to have them and they didn't have baby rabies beforehand ... but they still shouldn't have been saddled with kids.

Loooove me some Chabby though. Damn. I felt this way about Ericole too and look where that ended up and where it could be going.

Nice to finally see Jennifer involved. Still bizarre having her say she has a grandson. As much as it's bizarre that Hope has a teenager the same age as her granddaughter. It happens, sure, but lord ... the SORAS on this show has always been awful.

I really am enjoying the show about 1000% more than I was with Tomsell but man, it still has it's problems.

Hope is on far too much. I enjoyed her and Malcolm and their fight and the location shoot and all that but give the woman a rest. I know Dena is TeamHope but this is too much. I hate that I'm bitching about a vet's airtime but it's been three straight months and her storylines are moving at a ridiculously rapid pace.

I also don't like that the show is only focused on certain people and a majority of the cast has been relegated to filling episode guarantees. I also don't like that they're dropping actors who could have a place on the show. I hate the DAYS trend of automatically dumping everyone the last regime brought on. Sure, most of them deserved to be dumped (and many have/are getting much better writing now ...) but still ...

And I'm sure the others will get their time, and the interaction between the characters is, mostly, so much improved, but there are a lot of characters sitting on the sidelines while others get airtime they, IMO, don't really deserve to have. I have no idea who finds Brady and Theresa together at all interesting. I know Martsolf has his fans but I'm sorry, but I don't get why Brady gets all the airtime and women that he does. And his character comes off like a moron. He sounds like an idiot everytime he defends Theresa.

I hate bitching that Steve/Kayla/John/Marlena/Hope/Chad/Abby (I love them all) are getting airtime but it's still not balanced. Jennifer has nothing to do. Kate has nothing to do. Nicole has nothing to do. Eric has nothing to do and somehow can't be written for which I don't at all get. Theresa and Brady are tired and adding Philip as played by blah JPL will do nothing to add to it. 

I have to wonder if a lot of story for the others was just cut and not filmed, explaining why many just fill their episode guarantees with storylines that go nowhere (Justin/Adrienne/Lucas/Eve, Eduardo/Kate/Eve, Daniel/Nicole/Eric). Something shifted.

And then you have Abe never interacting with his new daughter, Theo gets maybe an episode here and there while Joey flatly delivers his lines and Ciara grits her teeth and gets on my nerves ... the focus just feels all wrong.

I'm rambling but the show is so much improved yet it's still not quite working for me like I want it to. And it really irks me that she's not even on the show and Sami still dominates in a storyline. I miss the days when I loved to hate Sami and felt something for the character. Now I want her nowhere near the show and can't stand her.

EDIT: Why does Marlena always look so peeved or annoyed or exasperated when John brings up his parents. I know we're all over it and I'm sure she is too with his 6,000 identities, but it bothers me for some reason that she comes off unsupportive and uninterested. I don't really like how Deidre plays that. "I thought you were done ...". IDK. Let the poor man search for his damn parents. He supports you and your twit of a daughter.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, it really annoyed me that they never went down this route with Abby. Jennifer was her most engaging when she was a reporter working at The Spectator - it really grounded the character and gave her nosy, pushy side a reasonable and justified outlet. She was so passionate about it as well and I'm always disappointed that she's now very much over it. It would have been the perfect career path for Abby considering it was what BOTH her parents did and they haven't really given her a defined profession. I never saw Will as a writer so it was weird that it was kind of transposed on to him instead

• Members

I thought it would've been more interesting and fun to see the different dynamics of the people I listed working at the newspaper. They could've had Abby/Jennifer, both being righteous at times, representing traditional journalism while Will/Nicole would want to push the newspaper into a more tawdry/scandal driven direction too. Jennifer/Abby would want to continue to want to do print media vs. Nicole/Will driving home the importance of technology and social media. Poor Eric would be implanted in the center, seeing the benefits of both sides. I'd even toss Lucas in there in a power position, so he'd have something to do and play off his history with all five characters too. 

Wishful storytelling on my part but I feel like The Spectator could've been an epicenter for drama and scandal across the board without it resorting to norm on DAYS--over the top villains and stories. Same with Countess Wilhelmina or Basic Black too. It should be an epicenter of drama and power plays too. 

• Members

^^ I don't think Abby has to be a "mini version" of her parents, if that's what you're referring to. But considering Jack and Jennifer's shared regard for their profession and how listless Abby is in terms of a career - it just makes a lot of sense to me. I've never cared about Shawn-D being a cop or Belle being a shrink or whatever

• Members

I can't believe I'm saying this, but THANK GOD this was a Hope-free day. The show actually feels like it's settling back into more of a normal soap mode, not just go-go-go with two storylines and everyone else be damned. 

Didn't mind JPL today. The acting was fine, and the characterization feels very modeled on JKJ's Philip. His hair is gross, but that was basically a trademark of Philip for years, too...

Is it bad that I want Ava to bang Joey?

Archived