Days: December 2015 Discussion Thread

• Members

- I continue to think Chad/Abby is the best part of the show - loved their scenes again today

- MM really does exaggeratedly roll her eyes way too often

- Whut @ JJ referring to Chad as some rich sleaze when Chad was busy rescuing his sister and her baby like 5 minutes ago

- Another ridiculously long day in Salem finally draws to a close (or starts again at the end of the episode, idk)

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I appreciated what they were going for with today's episode. It was all younger/'next gen' couples finding their way. Some parts worked better than others, but it at least felt like someone put thought into it. 

Belle truly is ridiculous, though. Calling Philip out on how it's like when they were married because he's keeping things from HER? This bitch was in love with another man the entire time, had said other man's baby, etc. Come on!

• Members

Chad and Abby were so good today.

I could do without Brady and Theresa having sex. That's all their relationship is. Zzzz.

Gabi and JJ were cuter than I expected. I like them together.

JPL is doing OK now as Philip. I'm not as opposed. The hair though ... ugh. I like sassy Belle and her calling out Philip. I liked the tension. I don't know that I feel any true chemistry between them but we'll see.

• Members

Ya, the show was trying to make it seem like they had this two-way dysfunctional, angsty relationship when she was the one actively pining for someone else, kissing someone else on multiple occasions, professing her love for someone else on multiple occasions, almost leaving him on multiple occasions. I can't even remember what secrets he "kept from her"

• Members

She thinks it makes her look like a real actress.

If she wants to play the bitch/ice queen or frustrated wife type, she does it a lot better than the ingenue but she's still not exactly genius. I am tolerating her more now than ever before, though.

• Members

I honestly cannot remember. What was the deal with Shawn/Belle/Phillip from around 2005-2008? I remember they were on the run with that god-awful Tinda Lau storyline in early 2007, I think. But I don't recall the details of Belle being married to Shawn, but pining for Phillip? 

• Members

Victor made sure Shawn and Belle looked like bad parents. Philip came back from war with a new face (not really since it was JKJ) and got custody of Claire. Shawn found out Philip was planning to leave the country so he and Belle kidnapped Claire. Philip and Willow followed them. First to Canada, then on to a cruise ship. Shawn and Belle jumped with Claire because being shark food was a better option than Philip, they ended up on Tinda Lao. A couple of months later Philip found them, they lost Claire at sea, then found her at a baby pageant. Philip and Belle became friends again. She helped him search for his real son Tyler, the baby he and Mimi had through a surrogate named Lauren, They thought she had an abortion but Bonnie had paid her to keep the baby. The baby ended up with Steve and Kaya for a while, who called him Pocket. He ended up sick, so S&K lost him to another pair of foster parents, then S&K talked Philip into letting the other family keep Tyler. Philip went to the church and found Belle who was there alone. The day before she lost her father in a hit and run. They kissed then went back to Shawn and Belle's room at the Brady Pub and had hot sweaty sex. Philip left and had a fight with Shawn while Hope confronted Belle. She and Shawn got married while Philip kept courting her. Then Chloe came back. Belle told Shawn she had slept with Philip. Claire was kidnapped by the "I Wanna Be a Soap Star" Winner who worked for Colleen Brady. Shawn, Belle, Philip and Chloe flew to Ireland and got Claire back. They left with John, Marlena, Bo, Hope, Steve, Kayla and Shawn Sr. The plane crashed on Greenland. Philip and Chloe had sex. Shawn and Belle decided to be a family and left Salem with Claire on their new boat "Fancy Face IV".

Archived