cassadine1991

Days: December 2015 Discussion Thread

I just saw yesterday's episode. Ya'll loved it? I thought it was boring as hell! Days is officially a bore again. That was a chore to get through 

I'm liking JPL as phillip but belle as a lawyer?! Belle had just started nursing school when she left in 2008... I think belle being a nurse at the hospital (with Maxine) fits the character of belle much better than belle in the courtroom 

Wasnt Higley writing the show when Carrie returned a few years ago? She made her a lawyer too. I see Belle as just a standin for Carrie as she now has her in the same role

I just saw yesterday's episode. Ya'll loved it? I thought it was boring as hell! Days is officially a bore again. That was a chore to get through 

I'm liking JPL as phillip but belle as a lawyer?! Belle had just started nursing school when she left in 2008... I think belle being a nurse at the hospital (with Maxine) fits the character of belle much better than belle in the courtroom 

Wasnt Higley writing the show when Carrie returned a few years ago? She made her a lawyer too. I see Belle as just a standin for Carrie as she now has her in the same role

No, that was MarDar. Higley brought back Justin as a lawyer in 2009, and Reilly brought back Frankie as a lawyer in 2005.

I honestly cannot remember. What was the deal with Shawn/Belle/Phillip from around 2005-2008? I remember they were on the run with that god-awful Tinda Lau storyline in early 2007, I think. But I don't recall the details of Belle being married to Shawn, but pining for Phillip? 

Victor made sure Shawn and Belle looked like bad parents. Philip came back from war with a new face (not really since it was JKJ) and got custody of Claire. Shawn found out Philip was planning to leave the country so he and Belle kidnapped Claire. Philip and Willow followed them. First to Canada, then on to a cruise ship. Shawn and Belle jumped with Claire because being shark food was a better option than Philip, they ended up on Tinda Lao. A couple of months later Philip found them, they lost Claire at sea, then found her at a baby pageant. Philip and Belle became friends again. She helped him search for his real son Tyler, the baby he and Mimi had through a surrogate named Lauren, They thought she had an abortion but Bonnie had paid her to keep the baby. The baby ended up with Steve and Kaya for a while, who called him Pocket. He ended up sick, so S&K lost him to another pair of foster parents, then S&K talked Philip into letting the other family keep Tyler. Philip went to the church and found Belle who was there alone. The day before she lost her father in a hit and run. They kissed then went back to Shawn and Belle's room at the Brady Pub and had hot sweaty sex. Philip left and had a fight with Shawn while Hope confronted Belle. She and Shawn got married while Philip kept courting her. Then Chloe came back. Belle told Shawn she had slept with Philip. Claire was kidnapped by the "I Wanna Be a Soap Star" Winner who worked for Colleen Brady. Shawn, Belle, Philip and Chloe flew to Ireland and got Claire back. They left with John, Marlena, Bo, Hope, Steve, Kayla and Shawn Sr. The plane crashed on Greenland. Philip and Chloe had sex. Shawn and Belle decided to be a family and left Salem with Claire on their new boat "Fancy Face IV".

Thanks for the recap! I honestly do not remember all of that. Must not have paid attention during that timeframe. 

I hated how Carrie and Austin were brought back in 2011 with the exact specific professions needed to have them pitted against each other in the John Black embezzlement story. 

I honestly cannot remember. What was the deal with Shawn/Belle/Phillip from around 2005-2008? I remember they were on the run with that god-awful Tinda Lau storyline in early 2007, I think. But I don't recall the details of Belle being married to Shawn, but pining for Phillip? 

Victor made sure Shawn and Belle looked like bad parents. Philip came back from war with a new face (not really since it was JKJ) and got custody of Claire. Shawn found out Philip was planning to leave the country so he and Belle kidnapped Claire. Philip and Willow followed them. First to Canada, then on to a cruise ship. Shawn and Belle jumped with Claire because being shark food was a better option than Philip, they ended up on Tinda Lao. A couple of months later Philip found them, they lost Claire at sea, then found her at a baby pageant. Philip and Belle became friends again. She helped him search for his real son Tyler, the baby he and Mimi had through a surrogate named Lauren, They thought she had an abortion but Bonnie had paid her to keep the baby. The baby ended up with Steve and Kaya for a while, who called him Pocket. He ended up sick, so S&K lost him to another pair of foster parents, then S&K talked Philip into letting the other family keep Tyler. Philip went to the church and found Belle who was there alone. The day before she lost her father in a hit and run. They kissed then went back to Shawn and Belle's room at the Brady Pub and had hot sweaty sex. Philip left and had a fight with Shawn while Hope confronted Belle. She and Shawn got married while Philip kept courting her. Then Chloe came back. Belle told Shawn she had slept with Philip. Claire was kidnapped by the "I Wanna Be a Soap Star" Winner who worked for Colleen Brady. Shawn, Belle, Philip and Chloe flew to Ireland and got Claire back. They left with John, Marlena, Bo, Hope, Steve, Kayla and Shawn Sr. The plane crashed on Greenland. Philip and Chloe had sex. Shawn and Belle decided to be a family and left Salem with Claire on their new boat "Fancy Face IV".

Thanks for the recap! I honestly do not remember all of that. Must not have paid attention during that timeframe. 

Sigh.... Too bad they couldn't get Jay Kenneth Johnson back. His last romantic dalliance was with Stephanie, right? Or Melanie. I honestly don't remember specifics of storylines from around 2005 to 2011. 

Sigh.... Too bad they couldn't get Jay Kenneth Johnson back. His last romantic dalliance was with Stephanie, right? Or Melanie. I honestly don't remember specifics of storylines from around 2005 to 2011. 

He was with Morgan, then engaged to Stephanie, then he married Melanie, and then he had an affair with Chloe (while she was married to Daniel and he was married to Melanie) before the truth came out and he left town in early 2011.

"Just" Chloe and Melanie, actually. I'm sure Theresa is going to be added to that list sooner or later. "Luckily," several of Brady's love interests (Arianna, Madison, Kristen) are dead, and Philip's other ex-wife is Brady's sister, so in theory they won't overlap there, either.

Chase is a cutie. I hope they put him with someone better than Ciara ASAP.

Chad and Abby are too adorable. I love Billy Flynn. Just when I gave up on soaps being able to cast decent actors new to the genre, they did it.

I wonder if VI was the voice of the kidnapper? It's strange to think that we have so many new people coming on. I'm glad to see some old familiar faces, but I wish they had made some of the past people stick, such as Eve.

They have to fix Theresa soon. This good girl act is painful. How appropriate that she also played Maxie on GH for awhile. Both characters are wasted right now.

He would have had to shower, shave and lost weight. I can't believe such a handsome guy let himself go.

He would have had to shower, shave and lost weight. I can't believe such a handsome guy let himself go.

He looks like he got attacked with the ugly stick

So Sami stole $500 million from the Dimeras. Why the hell were they acting like they were broke then? This storyline completely invalidates Stefano trying to get Chad to marry Abby and Aidan marry Hope for their measily chump change in comparison. Now we have Andre and Stefano trying to get him with Belle. Im sick of this family trying to pimp people out for money

Hope needs a lawyer so she picks inexperienced Belle? Why not Justin. He's not DA anymore right? She and Belle look like peers, not mother and daughter in law

I like the guy playing Theo but he looks too damn old for the role. It was glaring in the last episode that he does not look like some 16 year old

ETA: Belle and Teresa bieing introduced to each other was so awkward. Belle is married to Teresa's cousin and her sister Sami, also happens to be Teresa's cousin as is her daughter. Like damn, everyone on this show is related even if you dont know each other

is this the first time we've seen Kayla's house? I dont ever recall seeing this set since I returned a few years back

Edited by Cheap21