Days: December 2015 Discussion Thread

• Members

Yeah, I see the other points being made. IDK. I'm just really picky I guess, lol. I just thought Kate came across as awful and she might as well had on a wicked witch cape and hat complete with a broom. I don't mind it being Teresa's story, the Basic Black thing, but I want more from the Kate/Nicole aspect besides Kate attacking "poor victim" Teresa and Nicole standing in the background.

I feel like any sort of story that Nicole/Daniel/Flynn/Eric would had has was scrapped leading to them all being on the backburner. Why hire the Aussie dude and use him like 3 or 4 times? It's weird. And Adrienne went MIA for a while and now boom she and Lucas are kissing. It's all sort of off.

And yep, Belle was being a bitch today. I really want them to focus on the Claire actress [who isn't contract? WTF? Yet Jovanni is?] over Ciara. Hands down. I guess we'll find out why Belle is so cold and bitchy but maybe it's just how Martha is choosing to play it, for whatever reason. It's sort of working but then it sort of doesn't. IDK. We need more to go on.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

....because SHE cheated...again...LOL   At least she looks good this go round, she was aged up like a "Caroline Ingalls" in her last go round...

Joe looks like a doe in the woods next to Ava...

See Error definitely needs to be back burnered... 

Congratulations, Lani, you are now a detective. I'll see you again in five weeks...Love NuDad...

That contract $ for See Error could be paying for a visit from Auntie Marie....Just sayin':P

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I'm with you. I don't hate the bitchiness but I don't exactly like it either. Interested in hearing more of the genesis of the bitterness. Yes, Shawn left her but she cheated on him ... twice, so far.

ITA on Claire vs. Ciara, too. I'm guessing she (the Ciara chick) got the job because she can cry on command but it's a pretty worthless talent when everything around it is robotic.

• Members

It's always like this with DAYS. A few good weeks or months (with some bad stories intermixed) and then it goes to complete [!@#$%^&*] again. Even with some good material you still have the pointless return of Ava, you have Chad's hilarious brainwashing, whatever happened with Justin and Adrienne, etc. (I swear they decided to reunite and then a day later broke up for reasons I still don't understand.)

• Members

I'm glad Belle's got a backbone and I like this writing for her better than the boring, wistful version the last time MM played her.  But I think she could be softer with her family and Claire.  I agree I want to know a little bit more of where it (and her cheating) came from.  I feel like there's many directions they could go and I hope they do provide some background.  They showed Shawn and Claire have a good relationship, maybe she's jealous of Shawn being closer with their daughter than she is.  Maybe she feels like she settled down too young.  I just feel like some background would be good.  But again I prefer her having a bit of an edge to the way she was written when Martha first came on (and her only job seemed to be crying that she wanted to be with Shawn but was with Philip...and couldn't leave him because they had marriage vows...and now he lost his leg...and now I'm carrying his baby).

Also, Martha is being styled way better this time around. 

And I agree with others, I love the actress playing Claire and they should really lock her down to a contract. 

• Members

Martha is definitely styled 100x better than last go-around. And I have no problem with Belle having an edge. I enjoy snarky, sarcastic Belle who doesn't give a !@#$%^&*] anymore but I don't like her coming across as a complete and utter bitch and it makes her seen uninterested in her daughter. And the writers not having Belle watching her sing further confirms this, even though it may not mean anything. But clearly they are setting up some sort of tension between Claire and Belle.

• Members

vivian giovanni almost acted her way through that entire Rafe/crying/police station scene on Tues episode.  But Griffith/Higley both must have been off their anti-depressants when they wrote the first several months of story...Adrienne's breast cancer story is so unnecessary and another depressing thing.  Marlena getting knocked out again in her office.  Chad and Abby have a handful of reconciliation scenes then he's a bot.  OMG so dumb and desperate.  This time-warp accelerated story telling is weird and not effective in significantly spiking the ratings.  And there goes Bloore again with one of his ghastly dresses on Bell in Monday's episode.  Stop with the too-tight flower print dresses on these actresses!!  He should be banned from television costume design.  All I want for Xmas is Bloore's pink slip.

• Members

WTF hasnt Lucas mentioned Allie? His oldest child died and she is all he has left. bc of Sami's stupid scheme, she commited a crime and is now on the run with Allie, meaning Lucas may likely never see her again or at least not for a long while. How selfish! I get him lamenting about Will but he has a living child and he should be pissed at Sami. Im surprise we havent gotten a scene of him confronting Marlena and/or Roman about her whereabouts and what the heck is going on with his daughter

Wow, Belle's not even spending Christmas Eve with her daughter. Im not liking her new attitude. She is too damn cold

Abby came across looking pathetic going in on Chad for leaving her and possibly moving on. Girl get some dignity and move on. You were the biggest ho in Salem this past year so sit your ass down

JJ's singing was terrible and Claire joining in on him didn t make it better. Butchering the Christmas classics

I liked Chas getting his ornament. That was sweet how the family welcomed him in. I wonder if Hope will officially adopt him

Who the heck is Janice?

• Members

Kate mentioned THE PENTHOUSE GRILLE!! Thank you!! This year's Christmas episode was okay.. Not the best, but not the worst. Thankful Orange-glow wasn't there. And are they going to read the Christmas story this year?! I love that tradition too and it's been a tradition since 1983. If they don't read the Christmas story this year it will be the first Christmas since 1995 without reading the Christmas story! C'mon writers!! 

• Members

Alot of people I find terrible can cry their eyes out onscreen.Still doesnt make them any less terrible. Plus people can produce tears using some damn eye drops its not a talent to me. 

Vivian needs to work with a vocal coach because between the way her voice sounds and the way she recites her lines.. Ugh just awful!

Does no one go to Christmas Eve mass anymore or can this show no longer afford a church?

I thought I was the only one who thought their singing was terrible. 

• Members

I really enjoyed today's episode.

Loved Kate mentioning the Penthouse Grille! I could have done entirely without Kate and Eduardo though.

I also could have done without Chad and Belle.

Loved loved loved that they remembered Lucas and Maggie once had a very close relationship. Until Daniel came along. Maggie's back on my watchable list. Loved that they remembered Allie was Lucas's daughter. I just don't get why she isn't in Salem, but whatever. Maybe down the road.

Loooved Chase getting an ornament. That's how the Horton's work and I love it.

Doug's speech was beautiful.

Hmm. Janice's ornament front and center hung by Maggie. Interesting.

Loved Abby getting Thomas Jack's ornament.

• Members

Janice's ornament front and center was odd.. I had I look up who Janice even was! Very odd...

I also agree that JJ and Claire singing was not good. They really should have had everyone singing together or had a full montage like they normally do. I appreciated seeing quite a few Horton's together though. 

• Members

I enjoyed the Horton-y aspects of today's show (minus that lingering 1 hour-long closeup of Melanie's ornament eugh) and could have done without Kate/Eduardo and Chad/Belle. Why is Belle involved in like, every storyline going right now? Too much too fast. I'm so annoyed at the show's pacing - in general but particularly for the Chad/Abby stuff which had a lot of potential in the aftermath of the cabin stuff. And while I really enjoyed the scenes they had at the time - the 'Once Upon A TIme' one in particular - idg why they needed to rush them into this brainwashing/Dimera/Belle crap? So unnecessary 

Archived