Days: December 2015 Discussion Thread

• Members

The Horton stuff was on point. The melancholy was on point. Hope and the kids. Lucas and Maggie. [Sami is rude for keeping one of her 12 kids from Lucas like this]. Doug's greeting to his kin. His and Hope's speeches. While I've been on Team Go Live with Your Aunt Off-Screen Chase ... that segment where he got his ornament definitely gave me the feels and some light flashed into my Grinch heart.

The Hortons are really cursed and/or are having an exceptionally bad year AKA front-burner, I guess. Nice touch of having Marlena want to make it over so badly. I'm not entirely sure Marlena was not just trying to drum up psychiatric business by attending though ;)

Victor looked uncomfortable at this event except for when he was talking goon shop and hanging his ball.

So, I thought people were joking when they were commenting about John and Eduardo going to assassin school as kids. I should have known better.

I agree with most of you. I would have added flashbacks and kicked at minimum Eduardo/Kate off this episode.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

DAYS will always do the best Christmas episodes and they have the best tradition.  No other soap can reach as far back, and have as many familiar faces.  When DAYS does "family" it feels like a real family.  The Newmans, the Abbotts, the Quartermaines, the Forresters, they got nothing on the Hortons and Bradys. 

• Members

I was looking at some past Christmas at the Horton house clips and I totally forgot about this one, the "9/11" Christmas. The Christmas Eve episode where the actors only played their characters in the last segment. I will say that NB/KL chit all over these new youngsters voices.

Archived