Days: December 2015 Discussion Thread

• Members

I don't know what to think about the pacing. Are they rushing through Dena Higley's outlines to get to their own stuff OR do they think that this pace makes any type of logical sense???

Steve and Kayla? Not that I care, but the mofu left Kayla for years and just returned 72 hours ago and they're already phucking and getting engaged and have had now two stalkers in their new relationship?

I'm still hoping against hope they drop the Hope & St. Rafe pairing idea. This was doomed from bequeathing. Them having him all up in her grill with lectures 24/7 (for phuck sake she literally asked him to leave one hour earlier) instead of actual family members she (and Bo) has a profound history with is making me dislike the concept even more.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree this is not like Passions. The days are lasting approximately 2-3 weeks BUT a lot of stuff is happening. The story that's played for Hope in the past month or 72 Salem hours could have easily been a year of probably really good story if played with any type of pace and time management.

I'd really like to know WTF these people are thinking. I never thought I'd see a day when I felt DAYS was moving tooo quick, lol. The show is moving from event to event to event while skipping over the nuances that makes soaps so rich.

• Members

I saw someone say she took her LOA in August, or that's when it was reported so it should be around February on air. But we don't know if they will remove her from the credtis. Episodes in April have Josh, Beth and Dena all listed as head writers.

There have been talk from various sources about Josh being the HW with the main power and I think that's safe to say because aside from Rafe's increased airtime, the Hernandez clan expanding, Caroline being psychic and Ava returning, there's not much of a "Dena Higley feel" to the show.                      

• Members

Not sure where to put this, but I know some like to read about the bit players in episodes. As it turns out, one who played "Nurse Jackie" is Abi Titmuss, who was fairly known in the UK for a sex tape, "glamour modeling," and reality TV. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3353718/Abi-Titmuss-gets-big-acting-break-legendary-soap-opera-Days-Lives-ironically-Nurse-called-Jackie.html

• Members

Updated!

Chabby & Payla On TOP!

#1 Billy Flynn As Chad DiMera (57 Votes)
#2 Kate Mansi As Abigail Deveraux (47 Votes)
#2 Stephen Nichols As Steve Johnson (47 Votes)
#4 Mary Beth Evans As Kayla Brady (43 Votes)
#5 Kristian Alfonso As Hope Williams Brady (31 Votes)
#6 Casey Moss As JJ Deveraux (21 Votes)
#7 Robert Scott Wilson As Ben Rogers (20 Votes)
#8 Martha Madison As Belle Black (19 Votes)
#9 John-Paul Lavoisier As Philip Kiriakis (18 Votes)
#10 Galen Gering As Rafe Hernandez (17 Votes)

http://www.poll-maker.com/poll511751x0659419d-21

• Members

Damn this show and their taping schedule. LOL.

I agree that the show feels like Griffith, and he could very possibly be the one who wanted to expand the Hernandez. He and Malone wrote the Vegas on OLTL. Although I have no doubts Dena is TeamHope and TeamRafe, which explains them being on every damn day and being forced together (OK, so Rafe at least gets a day or two off every other month ...). I agree about Caroline and Ava. That screams Higley. I don't necessarily hate either of their storylines, but I could also do without them.

Archived