Days: December 2015 Discussion Thread

• Members

Ugh. Rafe. Have a seat. Of course he tattles to Roman on Hope. Alfonso has been turning in great work.

I like seeing Ciara with Caroline and Mumbles. Even if two out of three aren't at all very good. I wish I was more moved seeing Ciara at Bo's gravesite. I wasn't in the slightest.

Abby, I know you are trying to save your life but Ben isn't stupid. He knows you want Chad. I wanted her to lash out at him and tell him she DOES love Chad and she never loved him. I don't know. I'm over it all and I wish I hadn't seen Ben setting fire to the cabin in the Day of Days promo. I think it was a mistake to include that, even though it amped up the buzz for the storyline.

Warning that Brady and Theresa christen their new home. Why is time being wasted on these two? Honestly. Better actors are sitting on the sidelines and given nothing to do. And I'm already dreading and fearing a triangle between Phillip, Theresa and Brady. And I'm just not here for that. Jen Lilley is fine but this "redemption" for Theresa is lame. And the coked up Theresa would never be scared of Kate. I miss original flavor Theresa. And when do Anne and Theresa make up because apparently Anne will be working at Basic Black in the future.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Drake isn't THAT bad but Josh Taylor is obvious. Lord. At least comb that [!@#$%^&*] over.

I love how Bill and Susan Hayes are all natural with their hair. They look fantastic. And I love that the 50th finally cemented them as the matriarch and patriarch. Where they belong. Not off on cruises.

• Members

Hahaha.... I wonder about those "little" details, too. At least Marlena got to take a bath at one point when Stefano locked her in the golden cage in Paris. 

Yes, the dye and desperate attempts at looking younger is bad, particularly with Josh Taylor and Thaao Penghlis. The cake batter make-up and shoe polish hair dye (plus whatever silly putty botox covering Josh Taylor's face) is too much. 

Jeanne Cooper said it best. High Definition is a bitch. 

• Members

So Far...

Top 10
#1 Billy Flynn As Chad DiMera 
#2 Stephen Nichols As Steve Johnson 
#3 Kate Mansi As Abigail Deveraux
#3 Kristian Alfonso As Hope Williams Brady 
#5 Mary Beth Evans As Kayla Brady 
#6 Jason Cook As Shawn-Douglas Brady 
#7 Martha Madison As Belle Black
#8 Robert Scott Wilson As Ben Rogers 
#8 Olivia Rose Keegan As Claire Brady 
#10 Jen Lilley As Theresa Donovan 

http://www.poll-maker.com/poll504775xb84f417E-21

• Members

FINALLY finished this week.

While I still found it an uneven week, I have to say that I was glad to see the B plots pop back up this week. It made me realize how dark everything had gotten now that we are on our THIRD funeral in a week.

Yeah...I was not liking Theresa/Brady at the new place. THough I enjoyed EM shirtless. It felt forced to me versus them after Hope's wedding which had more spark.

Cold Hope is LOVE. I LOVED her clawing over that table at that doctor. And haha at Rafe manning up as you all said a few pages and telling her that Bo came to see him. ANd I l LOVED her response.

I have to say love, love, love that as the Ben/Abby/Chad story FINALLY climaxes, there are movements going on in other stories (Hope's revenge, Steve/Kayla,) while others are being set up (Basic Black, Nicole/OrangeDope). THat's how writing should be. Just need to have that balance a little better.

Oh...love Claire. But I am liking the teens. And I have to say that Ciara with Caroline (and Joey with her too now that I think about it) seem to get the actors to step up. Because I was not feeling Ciara at Bo's grave vs her with Caroline.

• Members

Re Doug/Julie and the Martin B&B

Was this clarified in the story or did Julie just pop up on Thursday running a B&B?

As for it providing more airtime for D&J,I don't see how that works.How many characters are going to be staying there? A B&B is for short term visitors to town,so basically a bunch of strangers...

And the Martin connection should have been explored,otherwise what's the point apart from a throwaway reference for loooong time viewers.

Still hoping Marie,Melissa,David etc show up.

• Members

I hate that they caught Ben. I was hoping that he would escape with the baby. That should have been his exit. This isnt a story I wanted to see resolved. You'd have Chad and Abby reunite, with the baby out there, not knowing Colin is his son. Ben could have even arranged to make it look like they died, but Abby wouldnt beleive it even though everyone around her did. Her slowly losing her mind over her baby's death could have been the next obstacle in her relationship with Chad and Jennifer would see shades of Laura in her daughter

• Members

Ok they need to can this Lani character/ actress is beyond terrible and they need to recast or send to collage Ciara she is a nightmare whoever cast these two needs replacing as well...and JJ a cop all of a sudden? Thought you needed a clean criminal record to be one? 

• Members

Yeah, Sal Stowers was BAD today. I don't think she knows how to infuse any of this material with personality, because the character has no bonds to or involvement with the rest of the storyline. She's basically Dayplayer Cop except we see her a lot (and her random connection to Abe, which has been featured in like three episodes ever, can't automatically bridge that gap). She actually made Josh Taylor look natural, which is not something he's been since at least 2002.

Archived