Days: December 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ciara is like Paige 2.0. Bland/bad young actress paired with a really talented young actor (JJ/Chase). Though the actress playing Paige was not this bad and she got better by the end. I don't want this Ciara to get that chance. hahah. One thing though Ciara is definitely a better crier than Paige was. :lol:

• Members

The cabin scene was so frustrating. Stupid Abby. But would any of us think clearly in that situation? However, it's all for plot and we know it. I'm really done with Ben. It's been a ride but enough. I'm sick of his face. And how dumb is Chad not bringing a weapon?? If he did I missed it because I only caught the very end of the episode, and I have to watch later.

Where did the Doug and Julie B&B thing come from? Were they on today?

And ugh, I'm already sick of Rafe being good cop to Hope's bad cop and how he's taking over everything. Ugh. Why do they have to push them? IDK. It's just such obvious writing. And LOL Toups, I thought of nighttime Hope too as the show ended on her icy glare.

• Members

Abby not even considering trying anything to get out of this situation is just ... not right. I'd like to think I'd at least try something in a similar situation especially with his back turned for so long.

Doug & Julie now have the largest set on the show. The rest of the sets look like they were made inside a cardboard box.

Yeah, Rafe, nah. Gimme some space (Rafe/Hope). Maybe 1-2 scenes an episode in 1-2 episodes a week. Every-time she's really getting into how many chits she doesn't give with her little friends he interrupts being all St. Rafe. The last scenes with Hope and Dr. Malcolm were fun. I was hoping they would take it a little further as in Roulette it's almost a sure thing the first shot won't produce the bullet. I'm also fairly sure she knew which round would produce the bullet as she didn't spin it.

• Members

Watching today's episode online and can I say that as Rafe uncuffs the lady, I wanted Hope to go Pimp Slap on him.

Always have to be in other people's business.

ETA: I agree, Toups.

KA plays darker and ice queen a la Gina so very well.

• Members

I know it's been said before that the show has to pay an actor if they use their photo or flashback (hence the reason for not showing old characters in the role) but I thought someone had cleared up recently that isn't true. That one the scene is filmed it's considered " property of Days of our Lives" someone else may be better able to explain this though. 

• Members

I don't know the policy on photos but it appears to me the pay for flashback theory is true just from choices made in choosing flashbacks in all of soap land throughout soap history. It's sort of like how actors have to be paid for re-runs of the shows they starred on.

• Members

I guess that makes sense about flashbacks. I think I've seen discussed recently on here though that photographs are a different story. For example, in the Horton house Jack's photo (of Matt Ashford) has been on display hundreds of episodes since MA left in 2012. Certainly the show hasn't been paying him that emote time to use his  photo. 

• Members

Is it just me, or is the hair color of the older gentlemen on this show VERY distracting?

Josh Taylor's is the worst. So fake. But Drake and Peter are major offenders too. 

Guys, it's time to go gray.  Doug did and he looks great. 

On a similar note, Daniel and Fynn are way too tan for DOCTORS.  I can't stand the overly groomed Fynn with the silly "Y" in his name.  "It's Fynn with a Y not Finn with an I cuz Finn with an I goes..."  I'd rather Nicole be rested than have to endure this. 

And I'm seriously worried about Abigail's post-birth hygiene. Shouldn't she be in some major discomfort at least?  She's had the same pair of crusty panties on for like 3 weeks. Did that midwife bring her a fresh 3-pack from the dollar store?  

Archived