Days: December 2015 Discussion Thread

• Members

Now y'all know DAYS couldn't go all out with this funeral. They are working on a shoestring budget! 

This just further strengthens my opinion that it is time to end the show. Ken Corday can't even put up a couple of thousand to give Bo a proper sendoff. 

They should've just left Bo offscreen in the jail cell till Peter Reckell agreed to comeback full-time or the show ended and he reunited with Hope. Their cheap asses can't even kill a character off properly.<_<

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Bo was one of the show's most popular characters and that is all he got?  What a slap in the face to long time fans.  No eulogies, no flashbacks, nothing.  They're already on to the next plot point.  Everything is so rushed.  So disappointing.  And I didn't like how Chad found Abby. He finds Ben's phone number and then the very next scene, he finds Abby.   So anti-climatic. 

• Members

Again, everything they did with Bo's return was not worth it and this further solidifies things. That sendoff was beyond terrible. He should hae just returned and left town after realizing that he and Hope no longer work. I had to laugh at them having Chase say that the funeral would be packed bc all the cops and people that loved Bo would be there and we got that small mess,. They couldnt even hold it in the church as mentioned. We have to use the park set again? I guess I shouldnt complain bc a few years ago, it would have been in the town square

Please register in order to view this content

Days is trolling with this screenshot

This. Who cares what Teresa, Nicole or Kate has done. They are behind the camera. The Face of a company is all about branding and the public's perception and a convicted murderer being the spokesmodel is not a good look at all.  She being a regular model is a bit of a stretch but acceptable. Face of BB? That deserves an eyeroll.

• Members

I would've preferred for them to have cremated him and had the ceremony at the Brady pub. I'm over that cheap ass park set with those plastic ass trees from Walmart. I know it costs to use flashbacks but as many have said, it was inexcusable. If you're going to do a death story of a legendary character then go all out. Stories like this are supposed to pull at the audience's heartstrings. I didn't even fill a single tug. Corday needs his ass whooped over this episode. 

Abby/Ben/Chad story needs to wrap up. I'm over it. Put a bullet in Ben and move on. 

• Members

It was. Love the actress and that was a highlight today. I love seeing Shawn as a father. Belle is coming off so cold, bitchy and blah. I'm not really here for her yet and I was so happy at Martha returning. I know Belle had an affair, probably with Phillip, but something's off IMO.

I also loved seeing Claire hug Marlena at the "funeral". It was semi-off screen but I'll take what I can get. I'm ready to see them interact.

• Members

well I dont but thats another issue. I think if Kate wanted to help Gabi out, she should have given her a job behind the scene to help with getting things up and running. Her recent ex con status should be an issue and as a result its not the wisest decision to have her in front of a camera so soon. I think thats a stretch right now but as a regular model, she'd be one of many and easy to blend int the background. Its different as the Face bc she's pushed to the front and represents the brand and what it stands for.

• Members

Hope is currently scarier than every villain in Salem except for Ben. I'm not saying she's scary like a villain but she's scary. If I was that thumbless chick, I'd be concerned about getting shanked in that jail cell after talking to Hope "Do I look like I give a chit about your finger issues?" Williams.  

Jason Cook didn't want to stay with the show? I prefer him as Shawn Douglas despite the "we're bringing in your replacement to replace you in a moment so please stand in the background and pretend you're not here" writing. That said, Cook looks just old enough to be his under-aged daughter's slightly older boyfriend.

Bo's whole dying to death to funeral story-line has been pathetic if I'm being real. The time frame is ridiculous. There's no excuse. None. [Unless it's a fake death, which aren't all deaths on DAYS]. In terms of funerals, how did Will's funeral [or the kid who plays Kassie DeP's daughter funeral] compare in terms of actual thoughtfulness put into it? Last I watched daytime, funerals were 1-3 episode events with church service, burial, flashbacks and some fights.

I understand where Hope is coming from and it's impressive she's not in a mental hospital, but I also feel for the kids, Chase and Ciara, as she's their only parent right now and she ain't capable of really comforting them in her current state. She should send them off to stay with Doug & Julie or Caroline for a while. The kid who plays Ciara is ever so slightly improving. Monotone still.

Caroline's toast was a nice touch.

Theo and Ciara do bring the adorable vibe. Theo is going to be disturbed when Ciara starts going out with her step-brother. They've started the Rafe & Hope scenes and so far they are not bothering me at all (in terms of pushing). I wonder if Rafe is man enough to tell Hope she was bequeathed to him.

Everybody in the Ben story is doing great work. I'm not watching that story but I can tell while I'm FFwding over most of their scenes.

Archived