Days: December 2015 Discussion Thread

• Members

This is pure torture...the waitress at the pub put more effort and sounded reaL with her one line than this lani actress please can her and hearing Ciara say "is someone there" with no emotion or mouth open made it sound like nails on a chalk board...I hope they replace her ASAP 1 year later

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Because of the casting, I honestly feel aging the kids was a big mistake. Theo, Chase, and Claire are good but they're not the focus the way Ciara is. Honestly the actress kills my enjoyment of the show whenever she's onscreen which sucks since she's on regularly.

• Members

The sad thing is she has really good material right now. Chit, I mean her step-father tried to kill her mother, her father returned from somewhere and then died ... almost instantly, her mother has emotionally abandoned her, she's scared of losing that mother, her step-brother as well as her child-hood pal want her (triangle!) and now she's been kidnapped ... and this young lady can do absolutely nothing with most of this material.

Also, did anybody get "Saw" vibes from Ciara's kidnapping? I never watched the movie, I think. It was something about Ciara's clothes, the TV, and the room.

• Members

Someone with more experience would have to bring this story to life. Because the story is so rushed and the character really has no identity yet.  Who is the current casting director at DAYS? Because I would hope the same casting director who was telling people auditioning for recurring roles to "go get more acting experience before auditioning again"  was not the same one who hired this actress with barely a credit to her name to be a series regular. 

• Members

Tried a quick Google search. I think the casting director is Marnie Saitta.

I'm sure this kid will eventually get better, but it was a bad choice to hire someone this green (only one person currently on the show is nearly as monotone) with a contract when they knew what kind of material they were going to be putting out.

I'm watching DAYS death montages (2015 edition) at this late hour *sniffle, sniffle* I was initially looking up Ben's murder list with that story tying up (until Ben escapes?) this past week. Nobody cared enough about Serena to do a montage? Ya'll hated the elephant that much?

• Members

It's not the Kassie DePaiva factor. Paige would have fans that would do something like that for her, just like some of daytime's other worst characters/actors (like Cane & Lily, Sage, Victoria and Billy, Franco, etc) have rabid fans. There seems to be a link between horrid characters/actors and mental instability/obsession/stanning. It's almost always the worst ones who get this.

Archived