DAYS: April 2015 Discussion Thread

• Members
A part of me for a second nearly got pissed thinking the show was trying to retcon this baby into being Daniel's

I'm so not feeling John being so pissed at Marlena. She didn't know anything for sure and only had any suspensions for like a day before he found out. He needs to get over himself

I forgot to ask but when did Kate try to kill Lucas? What's the real story bc he made it out to be like she intentionally was going for his death in order to advance herself

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

honestly, it feels as if she already was. She was definitely HEAVY recurring. I think the show has utilized her well despite not having a contract. I dont like Adrienne with Lucas but it the show made it make sense and not feel too forced and now with Wally Kurth back, it looks like things will be heating up for her

• Members

Good for Judi! But yeah, it feels like she has been on contract. I'm happy for her. Too bad Bryan isn't on contract (yet?). All the more reason it's annoying to me Xander wasn't Alexander (unless they retcon it, which they should). I truly hope Griffith and Higs (who does not thrill me but maybe third time is the charm? To be fair, she's already had three strikes ...) can get me to tune back in. I miss caring about what happens on DAYS.

Ugh, why do they have to make John so unlikable? Tomsell must have really hated him. Not sure they loved Marlena much either but she got it a bit better than he has. He looks ridiculous lashing out. Not as offensive as the Kristen debacle but close. I maintain John should have never been resurrected in 2008, as amusing as RoboJohn was at times.

• Members

Thoughts on the week

1) it was good seeing Kristen/Brady scenes. The Will/Sonny/Victor stuff was good

2) Monday was a phenomenal episode! Lucas/Adrienne and victor/Lucas. Lauren Koslow and Judi Evans get MAJOR acting props of the week! Let's see these vets front and center!

• Members
Agreed. I want to know who REALLY wrote 2013 because between Kristen's return, Ericole, Nick/Gabi/Will/Sonny, early Hope/Aiden ... the show was SO good. So who's been writing 2014? And 2015? I don't get it. (That sort of made no sense, I know Tomsell wrote all of it but it's like two different shows)

Days' problem is just too many cooks in the kitchen.

• Members

Here's my thoughts on that. When a head writer(s) are vying for the position, they need to have a story pitch. They had probably mapped out the first year of their tenure before they started. That's what a good writer does. Writing on the fly doesn't work, and I think a lot of 2014 was done that way, especially because of the Ejami exits. A lot of stuff was probably tossed or redone to accommodate those exit storylines.

Archived