B&B: February 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Does anyone notice that the show is a lot better focused when Brooke is not on these days?...silly question I know

I'm sort of hoping Eric is up to something because it was sickening how he defended Rick to Ridge and Caroline.....

Can't wait to see Ivy go off on Steffy.

• Members

Even without Brooke the show is a bore. They should've played into the Rick/Maya/Caroline/Ridge quadrangle much more. A pregnancy storyline, a dirty divorce, or somehow tie Maya's sister into it, anything would've been more interesting than quickie divorce and insta-Ridge/Caroline romance.

On top of that the amount of characters with no direction is too high. Wyatt/Quinn/Deacon. I know I've mentioned them often but seriously, what are they here for? Their dialogues and roles are empty. It doesn't even look like things are about to change with them. Katie and Bill are ready to go back on the backburner now their blink-and-you-missed-it reunion/wedding is over. And of course there are the usual characters that never get anything to do/have no real purpose aside propping others.

• Members

Brooke has been lost because she hasn't had a good love interest in years. Bill and nuRidge don't cut it. They need to make it a strong focus to find a love interest for her and then go from there. Honestly, the smartest thing would be to make her and Throne a power couple and go from there.

• Members

I hope they go through with the takeover -- can't wait to see Rick and Eric's faces when Steffy plops down in the CEO chair. If Eric really isn't up to something and was "sincere" with his praising of Rick...then he'll get to see how much damage and drama Rick created while he was on vacation. Now you don't have control of your company anymore and you don't have to watch the calendar waiting for his year to end, LOL. What might be even funnier is after the takeover - for Steffy to confirm to Liam - she can't run the company with him if they're not a couple - and appoint Ridge in her place.

• Members

The quickie divorce made no sense - though I did notice when Caroline 2.0 was seducing Ridge she alluded to almost divorced. Perhaps, they are going to come up with a snag. If not, Ridge/2.0 & Rick/Maya are now separate entities. I mean, really, why would any of the four care? I somehow think that the show didn't know how viewers would respond to this storyline. I just can't believe Nicole there and now dropped when it came right on the heels of $B blackmailing Maya - I believe we all suspect what they were teasing. Again, without the Quad, it creates minor conflict between Rick/Maya - though it shouldn't if he really loves her. However, with 2.0 being viable option for Rick, that at least changes the stakes.

This is typical B&B kick off a hot story and then the follow through just peters out. They had similar issues at the beginning of Hope/Liam/Steffy - for all carping and sometimes very bad back and forth, etc - at least they managed to keep it going because we FELT that Hope, Liam & Steffy had motivation and skin in the game. That's definitely not the case suddenly with Maya/Rick/2.0/Ridge.

• Members

Yep Steffy is Brooke 2.0, she even sounds like her "we have history I can have him back" blah blah blah. I'm surprised she didn't say she could have him back with at SNAP of her fingers :rolleyes:

I effing love it!!

Poor John McCook, Eric has been reduced to being a blithering idiot. He deserves better.

• Members

I could almost understand most of these people wanting to give a member of their family the benefit of the doubt. However, Rick fired a gun in an office building and Eric just dismissed that? What?! Given Rick's history, both Rick and Brooke should be insisting that he get help. Anyway, I still like Rick and Maya, I think they've added some fun to the show, just when it was needed most.

Speaking of which, it's odd, but I barely feel Hope's absence. Even though I was as sick of her as anyone, I thought it would leave a huge empty spot on the show, but that didn't really happen, imo. I wonder if they are planning to recast?

Archived