B&B: February 2015 Discussion Thread

• Members

Funny you mention this, but that was exactly the reason by the original actress Carrie Mitchium back in 1991 for leaving the show. The show wanted her to stay on, but she opted not to because she knew the show saw her basically as a springboard for Brooke (i.e. a prop/talk-to).

Ironically, it's so weird to have Donna as just a receptionist considering the fact that she went to college for journalism and even interned at Spencer.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't think Diamont has ever had that much chemistry with women on the show either. It's always felt forced to me. It's a shame, as he had natural chemistry with a number of ladies on Y&R. Everything of him here often feels like trying too hard.

(I do think Diamont and JMW had some spark)

Brooks reminds me of a space alien. I will never understand his casting.

• Members

The writing for Pam was really inconsistent. It made no sense for her to diss Caroline as she hates Ricks's guts these days...

And as I'm watching this week's episode: Seriously, Brooke!? She gabbed about her master plan to win back Ridge and that was it. A hideous Kaftan? Who would have thought that Brooke's plan could fail... LOL!

• Members

It was interesting that they had Brooke wear a very LARGE bikini and wrapped up. Even Brooke knows that she doesn't have the Brooke's Bedroom body anymore (though KKL is in amazing shape). I wasn't sure whether to feel empathy or just want to smack Brooke when she talked about not having a man to come home to Ugh! Brooke you were one of the first college educated women on B&B, brillant chemist, etc. For someone so smart, they really make Brooke dumb. I've never understood that. Trust me there is nothing wrong with a highly sexualized character, but Brooke is constantly written as a loser, not a winner. Even Widge left her on their honeymoon (yes, it was the bizarre RM exit), but she gets abandoned, hooks up with $B and when Widge comes back, she's treated like dirt by him - when he left her! Now that Stephanie is far enough away, it's time to make Brooke grow up and be strong as the TRUE Forrester Matriarch.

• Members

OMG! Considering Brooke is becoming an alcoholic now, how about they have her wasted and run down Caroline with her car? They could tempcast the role for a few days to play those scenes out and then put the character into a coma until LG is ready to return to the show. When Caroline wakes up, she learns she is paralyzed and is wheelchair bound for weeks/months which allows LG to work while she fully heals. The ramifications of Brooke's actions would be huge, especially with Ridge, Rick and Bill. I would hope they could bring Joanna Johnson back if that happened

• Members

Cheap you are brilliant - even better make it a mystery with many suspects ranging from Brooke, Steffy, Rick, Myrabella, Deacon, Quinn (because she wants to get Widge back with Brooke), Taylor, etc. Brooke thinks she did it because she blacked out and that sends her into a deeper drunk, but it turns out it was just a random driver, etc.

They could even skip the temp cast and just show LG in hospital bed in a coma and start cold there. They can then go back later and film the scenes that led to accident during the time leading to the reveal. The other characters can remember driving or something but we don't see the actual hit until later.

• Members

What's ironic is that when the show first started, Brooke was a dreamer... about ready to graduate from college and was dating a very nice cop. She was kind of shallow, but cared about her family for the most part.. she just wanted bigger and better things.

Ironic that she has bigger and better things now, but she is alone and deraded herself for 25+ years to obtain the bigger and better things.. when she had the opportunity for love, stability, and a promising career as a chemist that she basically threw away because of her unresolved daddy and abandonment issues.

Archived