Y&R: January 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I definitely think as well that she is far more interesting as a spoiled, bitchy brat than beloved heroine. I still maintain, however, that that's mostly a benefit of the writing. When we're treated with months and months of wonderful Lily then, yeah, when she turns on the Bitch, it'll be much more entertaining and interesting. We're parched and dry and desperate by that point lol The problem is, even if they refocused Lily to be some bitch from now on, she would again become insufferable after a few weeks on constant bitch mode. And that's because CK cannot, and never will be able to, sustain a character or elicit sympathy or be charismatic. It's easy to be bitchy. It's hella hard to be good at it.

I am jealous that you were able to "learn to enjoy" CK. Nobody should have to do that. It's just a coping mechanism. LOL

• Members

I will not lie. The addition of Hilary helped take me over the top. It's tough being a single element set. You are always picked and prodded and over scrutinized. I know that there have been other young WOC on the show but they were always played older and inevitably paired with Neil. That's why I was so disheartened when they put Hilary with him too. Glad that they didn't play her as Neil's contemporary like they did Leslie, Sophia, and Eva.

And yes, CK has a very grating line delivery. But at least she's interesting being a bitch. Even if I get annoyed by it, I am entertained.

• Members

Praise the lord!!! Budda Bless!!. In the case of Lily, you can't really blame the writers. They try to write for CK & she mess up all the time where they go back to tragic Lily. Me, personally I think she holding back Cane, they should have let him keep some of his con ways just to keep her & the couple interesting.

• Members

LOL When fans think that huge Australian Albatross is actually the one bing weighed down, then you know things are bad!

Cane is an abomination, always has been. The thing is, he really doesn't matter. He could leave tomorrow and nothing would change.

But Lily Winters... Goddammit, she matters, and they still haven't gotten it right.

• Members

CK was extremely lucky to have VR to play off of. At least her scenes were more interesting because they were with Dru. But when even Rowell can't make someone work/elevate them... you know there's no hope! Every time that spoiled bitchy brat opened her big fat teenager mouth.... grrrrrr jeal0002.gifjeal0002.gifjeal0002.gif

• Members

Lily can leave as well useless character. She can take Devon and Hillary with her and the show would not skip a beat. If your not a Newman, Abbott or most of the vets ie Jill, Collin Paul, Lauren, Michael, Christene, Phyllis, ect your just take up air time and not needed

Archived