Y&R: January 2015 Discussion Thread

• Members

The back and forth switch with the little Faith actresses is pretty hilarious at this point. This one is more believable as Sharon's daughter and does the manipulating brat stuff better but the other one is more lively and has better chemistry with the family. I'm glad Faith is not here for Sage, neither am I Faith, neither am I. Nick is such a simple little douche, I bet they'll be screwing in a couple of weeks. He just can't help himself.

I'm Team Phyllis. If there was any doubt for me that Kelly was behind all of this those scenes with Stitch ended it all. She totally poisoned herself IMO. I liked the Phyllis and Victoria scenes and the conflict it caused with Vic and Stich.

I'm glad Fen told it like it is and is finally getting involved in the Summer/Austin/Mariah story, If only they'd use him more instead of his creepy predator Uncle. LOVE Mariah vs Summer and yay to Summer's spoiled bitchy side coming out and Austin calling her on it.

I'm over Devon and Hillary until they get Neil out of the story. Old blind bastard has soured them for me.

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Dylan bustin down that door was freakin HILARIOUS! Give me a break. Joe is the only one out of those three that holds any potential to be an interesting character IMO.

Jill looked great but they are really dumbing her down with Colin. She's not even (seriously?) questioning him about this money? And LOL and the small pile of it that's enough to get Chancellor.

GT was great today. Love her.

Based on the previews, I won't be recording Monday's show

• Members

I don't think that small pile was enough. I thought it was just to represent it. But one would think Jill would question that amount of cash. Colin brings Jill down. I haven't liked them as a couple since he had her plotting insurance fraud. Just no! But they have smoking hot chemistry though.

• Members

The thing that saved Colin for me today was him blackmailing Devon and calling him out when Devon started talking about how blackmail was wrong and how could Colin blackmail him, Devon, who was a member of his, Colin's, family. Whatevs Devon. If family is so important why not stop banging your blind father's wife. It's totally fine with me if Jill and Colin end up with all of Devon's money, which was Katherine's money to begin with, so they can take over Chancellor from Victor who doesn't need or deserve it.

It would be really great if they would wrap up the Hevon storyline. It's heinous. The scene with Hillary and Neil where he was trying to get next to her and she's emotionally unavailable to him was so hard to watch. I don't know how the character of Hillary ever recovers from this kind of unfaithfulness and downright cruelty. It doesn't mattter how much she cries or acts like she's sorry she isn't sorry she keeps right on meeting Devon and having sex with him while ignoring her husband's needs. She's a skank.

• Members

I understand your POV. Honestly, I really don't have strong feelings about Hevon at all. I liked MM when she first started, but I'm not devoted to this pairing at all.

It's great seeing everyone's viewpoint on these stories though.

• Members

Colin black mailing Devon were good scenes. However, using that money to get CI for Jill also means that they will probably forfeit it to Devon eventually. I think Devon and Colin were both prophesying.

Chelsea raped Billy. And look at her now. Hilary will be fine with better writing and not having to be in some stupid triangle that she should have never been in where everyone looks like [!@#$%^&*]. What Hilary is doing is not the end of the world unless TPTB want it to be so. But really, does anyone really think it is a big deal that Hilary is married to Neil but doesn't want to sleep with him...his needs, indeed. LOL

• Members

Well Jill's in love wub.png , so of course she's going to think the best of Colin, not to mention she really wants that money so she's not going to see anything fishy. Colin may be a scoundrel but presenting the women he loves the way to buy her dreams on a silver platter was adorable. Only Tristan Rogers can make blackmail romantic. "swoon"

I think Jill is much smarter than she has been in years. It's 180 degree turn. During MAB's regime Jill didn't seem to know Chancellor Industries, Katherine, or most of her own past. Now she seems to know her history, she has desires for the future, and is plotting again.

What would Devon do with Chancellor? And why would Devon want it? Viewers ( & Jill) have emotional ties to Chancellor but Devon doesn't, and he has no interest in business. Kay tried to get him interested in Chancellor, Neil in Jabot, and Tucker in McCall,but Devon was having none of it. But I see his fans want him too.

I don't see why Jill,( if she gets it), would have to forfeit Chancellor to Devon. Unless Devon taped his encounter with Colin he can't prove that the cash was his or laws were broken. All Devon has to do is tell Jill about it and I'll bet she will try and make it right. But there are plenty of options other than giving it away. She could pay him in shares, or pay him back in installments like a loan.

• Members

Did Jill ever ask Devon for help? It would be nice if the writers saw Empire & write Devon like Lucious or the oldest son. But they not going to let Devon win over an old white man.

That money Catherine gave Devon was her own money. It had nothing to do with that company.

Since Colin so concern about the company, why he didn't call Mac & Catherine two sons. & Philip 3rd & 4th to chip in. I'm sure she left money to them too. & Tucker got an hot business in his own right. Maybe they need to bring back Aussie Tucker vs Colin.

• Members

Be realistic! Unless thy name is Victor, when has a person ever really gotten away with something like this? And Colin shouldn't just like Devon shouldn't get away with sleeping with Neil's wife without paying a price.

I don't think Devon fans wanted him to have Chancellor at all. But they sure didn't want him losing him money to a damn con man thug. If Devon's money is used for this then of course he should own it. That needs no further discussion because its common sense. That's my opinion and I am sticking with it.

Archived