Y&R: January 2015 Discussion Thread

• Members

I think this Phyllis/Kelly storyline has a good amount of intrigue to it and at least I'm not bored-- but I cannot help feeling that there is an element missing from this storyline. I had thoughts swirling around my mind about what/whom I would insert in this story to add another layer of complexity but I'd rather not go into detail because it's a controversial choice (at least to some) and it might be regarded as somewhat divisive (again to some), so I'd rather not go into detail on that.

Adam and Chelsea make for some compelling scenes and what is good about it is that a lot of that is done regardless of whether there is actual dialogue or not. It kind of harkens back to that era of soaps when stolen glances full of longing were exchanged between characters and you knew it meant so much. That interesting tableau with Chelsea looking deep in thought as Adam/Gabriel stands in the elevator looking at her as the doors close.

My only thought is that they are using them so much (because they're one of only 2 truly compelling storylines at this point) that I wonder whether there is a chance of fatigue with seeing them so often but what other choices are there? I personally don't mind but I notice there are some grumblings online (or are they MM stans?) but as a general rule you just don't want to overuse characters.

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Victoria wants to revive Brash & Sassy on Monday, it’s in the papers by Tuesday? rolleyes.gif My, they don't waste time, do they?

Jill's hair looks great. Victor's attitude is stank but at least we didn't have to go through another one of his stare-downs. Is it just me or is Colin considering finding a way to blackmail Devon into investing the money they need? Ugh.

The whole stuff with Lily, Hilary and Devon is just beyond stupid. First of all, this bitch invites HERSELF to Hilary's getaway and then has the nerve to say she wants to be friends?? Second, I don’t understand why Hilary let Lily come with her, if she really didn’t want it. She couldn't find an excuse, a lie? She certainly knows how to lie to Neil all the time! Third, Hilary lets Devon into her suite but doesn't lock the door? Oh, wait, let me guess--Lily will try to come in and the door will be locked by some miracle even though Hilary clearly didn't do it?

"If I could get my hands around Katherine's neck one last time!" YES, JILL, YES! That was some wonderful shade.

Wooooow. Victor is officially a cartoon now. He has a BUG in Ashley's lab (a bug which no one has noticed, by the way, even though it seems to be in a very obvious spot) and is listening to the lab conversations while drinking champagne? Who the hell wrote this scri--ah, yes, nevermind.

Also, someone needs to tell both the writers and ED that this is not Kristen DiMera. Please.

It would have been SO hilarious if Kelly fainted and her head smashed onto the table. LOL I thought for sure she'd managed to be pregnant. Poisoned, though? The f-ckery!!!!

• Members

I liked the show today, this SL is growing on me since I've decided to ignore certain things about it's origins.

More Nick/Sage. I was rooting for Faith when she told Sage that she shouldn't be there. But WTF with Nick saying what a good mother Sharon is, but he's still suing for custody?!? Ugh

And I actually enjoyed Fen/Summer/Austin/Mariah today too. Summer showed some of her mothers bitchiness and that needs to happen more IMO. CG and HK have good "hate" chemistry, I actually felt bad for Mariah after that.

Love Sharon.

And YAY no Dylan today either! :-)

• Members

It was Alyvia up to December, then Mckenna for one episode in December, then Alyvia again for episodes in early January, and now it's back to Mckenna. Alyvia will probably return full time once she's done filming that pilot.

Archived