Y&R: January 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Kevin is too old and too creepy for forcing him on all these much more interesting young women who do not have penises. It's just unsettling.

I did like that Fen told Summer what the audience was thinking of Austin and that Summer in turn came down harshly on Mariah. The Austin character is ludicrous, but Matthew Atkinson is incredibly beautiful and should be used to advantage as beefcake in darker, seamier stories. He has real chemistry with CG's scheming Mariah, and Summer has more potential as her haughtier self. Hunter King is genuinely talented but they play her like she's a bland teen queen heroine with very basic, vanilla stories and it doesn't work as well as they think. She can do more.

• Members

:lol: on that first part.

And, yes, spot on! There is something about Atkinson that reminds me of Michael's darkness in his earlier, near-psycho days. As for Summer, they might have stumbled into something by making her more like Phyllis (but not crazy, PLEASE).

• Members

The thing about Kevin is that they haven't played him and Mariah like the May/December romance that it is. They are pretending like they are contemporaries. Why? In hopes that we won't notice that Kevin was older than Mariah when he was preying on teen girls 12 years ago?

MA is definitely pretty. And I think he is engaging as an actor.. He's likable.

Archived