Y&R: January 2015 Discussion Thread

• Members

Nick's scenes with Summer are more awkward than ever. Almost job interview type awkward. I don't remember it being this bad but then again I don't remember Nick and grown up Summer really spending that much time together. It seemed as if she spent more time with MS' Phyllis than Nick last time around.

How does CL even stay open when they rarely have more than 4 customers at any given time? It would've been hilarious if Victor's redevelopment plan was to replace CL with a Starbucks or something.

At brief flashes like before the christening, you can almost believe that Billy & Victoria were a couple but then you look and uh...and, it's gone.

At the risk of sounding nitpicky, is having Michael drink out of a plastic bottle the best way to show how conscious he is of keeping his health? Get the man a stainless steel tumbler.

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thank you. Especially those who play--badly--useless characters that are an abomination to Y&R should have a seat and STFU. I don't need Burton to welcome anyone to the Y&R house except for perhaps an acting coach. It's not his place, he's no one. There, I said it.

• Members

He's fantastic but the excitement of the storyline is starting to get dragged down by too much useless Nick/Sage and Billy, and JH is losing some of that energy he burst onto the canvas with. Also, so far, Pisshoenante and Altman were clearly better at writing for this story than he is. But at least he does wonder for my eyes lol

• Members

All the actors are doing it. I saw it from Robert Adamson too. Mind you, he was talking about how great Neil's story was going to be. I guess Noah still won't have one of his own. Kristoff is back to being somewhat obnoxious. Pratt must have promised him something good.

• Members

He must've. But I am over Neil at this point. I've said it for the longest but they can kill Neil off. He is no longer needed. Lily or Cane either. I'd prefer them keep Hillary and Devon and bring back Mason, Tyler, & Leslie and go from there.

Love the Barbers/Winters more than anything but without the heart, soul, & spirit [Dru/Liv/Malcolm], I don't care for them.

• Members

There must be something within the culture of Y&R that promotes this type of behavior. It seems like it's been this way for years and even worse in the past.

On other CBS soaps I watched, I don't remember the same level of strife in cast members that I've seen and read about from Y&R. Okay, maybe the last several years of ATWT, but the internal workings of that show were a mess at that time.

• Members

I think it's the blatant favoritism in the writings and by execs. It's something that has been there as long as I have been watching and can remember. Victor alays wins against Jack. Neil alays won against Malcolm. Phyllis has been running rabid since her redemption. Those Baldwin/Fisher boys has gotten propped writing since their redemption. There was never any consequences for characters. Actors internalized it and began to think their [!@#$%^&*] didn't stink. Adam and Muhney are prime examples. That's my only explanation.

• Members

What is seriously so hard about writing for RA/Noah?!?!blink.pngph34r.png

If one good thing came from Pratt is that I was thinking Noah was gonna have a story at least.....his scenes during the christening seemed to reduce him to more of a dayplayer then he already is.....

• Members

I'm about ready to mail in my outlines to CBS so they can be inspired to write for this guy,,,,,,haha just kidding....happy.pngtongue.png

I guess avoiding destruction is good....but if you hire someone just because u think they look Pretty and that's all they need to do every scene with only a limited group of people to interact with, and maybe make the girls blush everytime he shows up in the opening cause he has the biggest brightest smile out of everybody ......you need to just get rid of him already....

I'm tired of this nonsense....and Kevin Schmidt was still Noah to me....he would've looked great in scenes with Camryn's Mariah too...

Archived