Y&R: January 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Jamie Luner as NuPatty. wink.png

The scene with Phyllis breaking the vase/picture or whatever it was and cutting her hand I thought was so OTT that it had Melrose written all over it. GT was great but it just seemed so unnecessary and random.

I absolutely LOVED Melrose but I can say I'm nervous for Y&R with Pratt. The two shows are two entirely different kinds of beasts. MP was meant to be fun camp in the vain of Dynasty so the random craziness worked but you can't do that on daytime without proper thought/follow thru....well, you SHOULDN'T do that. unsure.png

• Members

Yep. I felt like I was watching GH circa 2005, and I have feeling we're gonna see a lot more of that. However, I will say that Dylan was at least a little bit interesting today.

I thought it was funny that Joe invited Avery over for 8:00 Thursday, which just happens to be the first day of the February "sweeps" rating period. Ergo, something bad is going down Thursday night (and I don't mean Avery).

• Members

Friday:

I love how Cane suddenly cares about Devon/Hilary, when he's been acting clueless for the past two episodes. rolleyes.gif And EEEEW at Cane/Lily sex scene. Disgusting.

I'm actually enjoying Colin's blackmail of Devon much more than I thought I would. Devon's plea was a nice moment and BJ played it very well. "Whatever. I still want my money." laugh.png Too bad Jill has to be made to be a complete idiot YET AGAIN.

Oh God... Dylan got a gun. That look he gave and then bursting through the door... I'm so sorry, I didn't realize I had tuned into GH. Utter crap. And what did I say about the resolution of the redevelopment project storyline? It seems they're already setting it up for the issue to be side-stepped and "resolved."

The Phyllis/Kelly/Jack stuff was undeniably the highlight. Kelly looked like death and GT is able to play all of Phyllis' sarcastic cruelness without wanting me to claw my eyes out like when Stafford does it. Phyllis freaking out and breaking the vase was GREAT, and so was the following segment when she cried. Too bad the vase part was completely spoiled in the preview. I really hope they don't stick in a random third party. Phyllis dealing with complications from her experimental treatment is much, much juicier.

• Members

I don't mean this to be rude, but do you watch regularly? You're right regarding MELROSE and how that kind of stuff works on daytime, but the question of Phyllis' sanity has been raised constantly for weeks now and there was more than adequate build-up to that moment. In fact, something like that has been bound to happen....

• Members

I watched it to give it a chance...all I could think was WHY is Dru and Neil's daughter stuck in this pairing with this con artist nobody. WHY is it that even this interlude not able to produce an unwanted pregnancy that I could be pissed about. Why is this all that they write for Lily to do? Why? why? why?

• Members

It's a shame because Lily ought to be a force of nature. Unfortunately, the writing is irrelevant in her case. Even if they suddenly wrote wonderfully for her, it wouldn't matter. The casting for Lily is, and always has been, tragic. Even in 2003 she was completely unsympathetic and inadequate. Sure, the better writing helped but no amount of it will ever make CK work. They had their chance to save the character with the divine DS but it all went to hell.

• Members

tbh, I hated this casting from the word go. HATED IT! But I decided to stop fighting against the inevitable. When I did, I learned to really enjoy CK's Lily. She's best when she isn't played as some simpering heroine. When she's allowed to be a spoiled bitch, I am thoroughly entertained. CK can probably play everything that MO falls short of with her Abby.

• Members

Writers need to go back to that ASAP! I am sure they will once this affair is out. I get why they felt the need to soften Lily towards her. But it was no fun. And she probably fades into the background because she is playing supporting and has played supporting to Cane since they were paired. Even her cancer story was about his redemption.

Archived