Y&R: January 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's what happens when you make yourself vulnerable by screwing the wife of the man that has never been anything but a kind and loving father figure to you. I wish Colin and Jill all the best in their endeavor to get back Chancellor using Devon's inheritance from Katherine. In fact this is the most interesting Jill and Colin have been in quite a while.

I wonder how many more people are going to find out about Hevon before Lily does. So far her father in law and husband know and it probably won't be too long before Jill is told.

• Members

I think their gonna just get rid of CI as a company on the show and having Jill get it would end the story and the company will disapear. What I think will happen and the next battle will be When Victor takes over Jabot from Jack as a way to punish Jack for keeping Adam being alive a secrete. I don't think Victor has forgotten how Jack took over Newman and is gonna strike back. Victor vs Jack for Jabot is the next battle

• Members

I hope that does not happen b/c I am sick of Victor and Jack trying to acquire each other's companies. It's played out at this point. I wish that they would just go back and do product stories like when Dru and Damon worked on Tuvia/Safra and Victor paid retailers for prime shelf space for his product, Satine.

I'm ready for business stories to come back where people did sneaky, backstabbing sh*t within the workplace. And I'm tired of them meeting at the GCAC to discuss confidential business matters. That crap would never happen.

• Members

My God, Goddard is so, SO useless. Even after all this time, I can't stop being amazed. I hate how he just doesn't play any of the subtext/his character's thoughts in a scene unless the script specifically asks for it. He learns Devon is suddenly out of town but that little bit of info doesn't seem to interest him at all. He then learns Hilary asked Lily to return to Genoa City and he also doesn't register any reaction, anything at all. How TF don't you react to that when you know Hilary & Devon are having an affair?

Don't tell me Gwen is going to see the scratches on Devon's back. Ugh.

Wait -- NO reaction from Jill about Michael's cancer? Michael has been hiding this from them for months now and they cut to after Jill has found out? rolleyes.gif

JH continues to be utterly amazing but who didn't see it coming that he would mention something he shouldn't have known?

Faith hates Sage. I love that. My God, La Grande Diva Fabulosa Kelly Sullivan reacts to every. single. one of Morrow's inane, stupid, bullcrapola fratboy things. Every. Single. One. She indulges him. She luuuuurves it. Usually, everyone else sort of ignores his stuff or reacts occasionally and with half a heart. I guess maybe that's why Nick sticks out less when he's around her Giggling Stank Ass. Too bad they ain't got no chemistry and the thought of sitting through their scenes makes my skin crawl. Rant over.

• Members

Now I do agree that this is the most Interesting Jill and Colin have been. This SL has been good for them.

Hopefully it comes out during sweeps. So there really isn't anymore people left to find out that would care.

+1

It's time to go back into the workplace. This buying and selling of companies is lame. But it is what passed as a business story for MAB. I hope Pratt knows better.

• Members

I also wondered about Cane's none reaction. I was wondering if it was a rewrite.

I think that back scratching was to show that gaudy ring that reminds us of Hilary's stupid marriage to Neil that shouldn't have happened. As if we could possibly forget.

KSu enjoys working with JM. That is quite obvious. lol

• Members

Yeah, it was strange and I suspect quite a bit of rewriting is happening now to go at Pratt speed. Honestly, the Hevon story is turning out far better than I expected, just because they have brought more people on board. I also like that it took away the 'goodie' aspect of Devon. Is there any way that Hilary doesn't end up preggers here?

• Members

I agree about this story. I still resent it happened but I can't argue with the results. Viewers are talking and they care about what these characters are doing. It's been at least 6 years that they have gotten this much chatter. Using Jill and Colin has really helped it out too. Now I don't feel weighed down with a lot of "poor Neil" writing because Hilary and Devon have a schemer to deal with. That's fun and entertaining as opposed to depressing mean spirited like "poor Neil".

There is no escaping a pregnancy. Nope. Those birth control pills are a red herring. However, I do think the story has changed from a WTD to Hilary being pregnant by Devon and losing it as punishment.

• Members

Thursday

This was a pretty enjoyable episode. At least as enjoyable as Y&R can get these days.

I'm shocked but I actually enjoyed Kevin/Austin/Summer/Mariah. Summer really needed someone to tell it to her like it is. She was SO cruel to Mariah, almost shockingly so. I really felt for Mariah at that point. I'm glad Austin called her out on it.

RME at Kevin comparing himself to Mariah. BITCH... when Mariah rapes a teenager and tries to burn another teenager alive THEN you can compare yourself to her. EW at everyone holding Austin responsible for his actions but meanwhile Kevin's running around doing a great job putting together a cancer benefit. BARF BARF BARF. I swear, if I ever wrote for the show, Kevin would be dead within the first week. DEAD AND BURIED. Preferably burned alive to serve up some of that delicious karma.

Nick continues to be a dipshit towards Sharon, unbearably so. Morrow just doesn't have what it takes to make his character's behavior work. I shudder every time this storyline comes up.

By this point, they've done a good job making both Kelly and Phyllis seem equally plausible as the person behind it all and I won't be disappointed either way (but it might be slightly better if it's Phyllis). Jack was finally written a little in character when he blackmailed Dr. Cutler into giving him information. The ending was hilarious--too quick, too fast, too rushed but, still, a fun ending.

Archived