Y&R: January 2015 Discussion Thread

• Members

If writers intended for Jill and Collin to keep CI they would have gotten it the right way. It made sense to ask Devon. Cane did but by then it was too late. This entire story is built on the premise that Colin will screw them over because he's a clown who can't be trusted. Cane and Jill have both said this and expressed trepidation. He will cost them the company and Devon will end up with it although he never wanted it or to go against is grandmothers wishes.

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Are you referring to Colin? Colin's one "old white man" who will probably never win, at least for long. lol
I see him as the spoiler. His hearts in the right place trying to help his family the only way he knows how to, but he will repeatably screw things up for Jill & Cane.
Good question. I wish SOMEBODY would mention the rest of Kay & Jill's family too. Inclusion by phone would be better than nothing.

OK, now I'm confused, you want to add another "old white man" to the cast? All we got was battle of the "old white men" with MAB. I love that Victoria's taking up Brash & Sassy again, Ashley's in the lab trying to regain the CEO seat, and Jill's going after Chancellor. Why not have Tucker die off-screen and Neil can run his own conglomerate ( mentoring Devon to take over) if another company is added?

Neil worked at Chancellor, Jabot and Newman so he's ready for his own. I've always thought they should do a Brad to $Bill make-over on him. The Neil character needs refreshing.

• Members

That would have been boring. Where is the story in that? If all the characters did things the right way there is no drama. Katherine got control of Chancellor Industries by driving Phillip of the cliff and got to keep it for 40 years. I can't believe murder, or attempted murder /suicide, is the right way.

• Members

Today was a bizarro episode - I like the first scenes of Gina/Cady - I hope that there's more to this than coma-rising drug combo. Boring.

The best scenes were Colin/Devon - I loved the interaction between those two and Colin with his wake-up call to Devon about who's really the worse person here. I really wanted Colin to say, "Hey, this cash drop saved you from Neil showing his butt up at the hotel. And, you're welcome!" The Neil/Hilary scenes were so uncomfortable, but I suppose that was the point.

Dullard, ugh. The acting by all three there was way off. It's as if they rewrote the script that morning, but no one had game.

Lame - strange - "you take control" striptease. (Hello, Cane when Lily TELLS you to take control, you're not.)

• Members
I was saying Victor as the old white man. But Tucker is Devon father. That means Tucker would be taking on two other man. I'm mad that when they brought back CK as Lily they scrap Lily doing her own jewelry business. That would have help out the Winters a lot. Once again I hope these writers taking notes from Power & Empire, it's alright for blacks to own their own business. & still cause drama.

• Members

I don't think it will be fine at all, but in the end she may end up running it because CI isn't run on-screen. In the 40 years I've been watching it was briefly included in the Clear Springs Project and the other time was when it owned Jabot ( So it was really just Jabot). And I think they combined them because Jill was Kay's daughter at the time. The active business stories happen at Jabot/( now including it's fashion division) and Newman/ (now including Brash & Sassy).

CI was merely a prop for Kay, we never really saw anyone running it, whoever was Kay's CEO brought her papers to sign. Jill constant absence could be explained by running the CI we never see, and Cane could do his work at the GCAC. Any one who wants their character in front burner business stories is not going to want their favorite to work at this never seen company. I doubt there's any plan for CI set. Didn't anyone notice that McCall Enterprises disappeared as quickly as it appeared, and his interest in CI vanished? They even switched Tucker over to Jabot matters for the business story.

I see, but don't understand why you would want Tucker fighting Devon's battles. The Colin/Devon scenes were excellent so why would you want Tucker standing in there with Colin instead of Devon? Devon can be front & center, or standing in Tucker's shadow in this story. If they both battle Colin Devon loses half his story. I understand wanting the characters you like to "win" but it's not worth it if it takes their story away. Devon is a very young character,IMO he should lose some, he has to learn, we should see him develop. He just came off a huge win with a lots of wealth. Even if you want him to be the next Victor Newman (the character that always wins) it shouldn't happen overnight. Summer and Abby don't run, or own, large conglomerates. Even Adam is still working his way up.

I want Jill to get CI, but not if it takes Tucker do it for her. Jill vs. Victor is a story I want to watch. I could care less about Victor vs. Tucker. What we saw of those two was boring as hell, They have no history and had no reason to battle. The banter between Jill & Victor is 100x better.

• Members

I agree with Devon not needing Tucker to fight his battles. Let him be his own man that loses and rises to fight another day. Let him learn from his mistakes. However, losing his money to criminal colin through blackmail isn't one. Now if it was a legit budiness deal where he was outsmarted bt Jill, I wouldn't care at all. You're right, he's a kid. She's a seasoned woman. She should be able to win out there. But that's not what happened and as such I can't support it.

• Members

Honestly, CI just doesn't matter. We already have two very well established corporations - we don't need a third corporate setting. It will only further segregate the characters. I'm all for Jill having a story that gives her a purpose and is tied to history, but if she takes it over, don't give me another corporate set. Newman & Jabot are enough on that front. But as long as the set-up is good and we got LOTS of Victor/Jill (maybe flashback of their all too brief affair), I'll be fine. Strangely, I'm really starting to warm up to Colin and TR, who I never cared for as an actor. The chemsitry and energy between JW/TR is undeniable and Colin's wormy ways are refreshing in an odd way.

Archived