Y&R: October 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Actually by then, hadn't Hunt Block been already fired? This was in 2007, when ATWT decided to try to bring back the original actor Scott Bryce (the guy in my Avatar, by the way smile.png but the character had become so clownish by poor, cartoon-ish writing that when Scott Bryce tried to ask questions about why/how the character had reached this place, I guess Chris Goutman got irritated by the questions and decided to fire him.

I think after Scott Bryce was fired Jeffrey Meeks came in, then Jon Lindstrom at the end.

Just to put my 2 cents on the DT issue, I saw no reason to get rid of him, and now that I see, wow, can't even remember his name right now, the newest Billy, I really don't understand why they got rid of DT.

• Members

With Y&R, you used to be able to miss years and jump in and know exactly what was going on. I tried that today and it's impossible with the amount of focus on nobodies. Until they fix that, they're in trouble.

I am not one for, "Get off my lawn until things are exactly the same way they've always been," but there is something to be said for brand identity. And Y&R did that better than any soap for years and years. That was kinda their thing. Now they do it the worst and that's their problem.

Archived