Y&R: October 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Her work on other soaps don't account for her work on y and r. What I have seen solely based on her work is she was starting to take off. Oh well she just deserves better than this. I thought Griffith bored me during his last y and r run. Honestly he loves Jean so they could have been a great team.

• Members

The only good thing about this episode was seeing Jill interact with the Abbotts as she should be.....

I'm not that disappointed that they didn't have Billy and Chloe interact......I didn't want to think this at first glance, but i'm sorry to say he would've looked too old next to her.....I kept picturing David Tom doing all those scenes and how much better it would have been.

• Members

Don't insult the late great Bill Bell or Kay Alden by putting Jean P anywhere in their company. If her work moved you emotionally in today's episode, it was probably the scriptwriter who deserves the kudos. You can sing her praises all you want, it's your right, but the vast majority of viewers of her work know she's a breakdown writer not a head writer. Her (and SA's) Y&R is generally as dull as dishwasher. Plots meander, huge emotional moments are missed because Jean and Shelley never mine them. She's lucky to have survived in the top spot as long as she did. If Jill didn't give her the creative freedom Jean needed to be successful, as you claim, blame Jean. She knew Jill was EP. She knew Jill's rep for dictating to HWs. Did she really think it would be any different with her as co-head? Of course not. Jean wanted the money, and the chance to say she was co-head of the number one soap in daytime. She'll happily trot back to GH or stay with Y&R as a breakdown writer. Hopefully no other soap will give her the head writer slot again. She was a bore at ATWT, and a disaster at Y&R. Plain and simple.

What character driven attempts? You're joking, right?

Archived