Y&R: October 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It would be a different interpretation. I honestly believe Kelly pretty much had Phyllis in the bag as Jill really wanted her. Gina came in and she blew everyone away so much they to give it to her. Kelly probably would have played it more staffordesque. I think Sage will be related to Cricket.

• Members

LOL. Well, I love Hilary and Devon. I think that Bryton and Mishael have blazing chemistry and can make any script work no matter how cheesy and asinine it might be. So, I don't share you sentiment about them going to Liberia. Besides, they can get Ebola right there in Genoa City these days.

I think that they both know betraying Neil is not okay and I don't think the show even attempts to imply that. However, since they want to show it as "true love", they give them actual romantic scenes. Eh! I enjoy ever last one of them.

At this point, I don't see how we escape a baby story. And like you, I do not want! How many WTD will Neil have with family members? He has already done this too much. Not that I think their is a prayer of the kid being Neil's at this point.

• Members

Actually, he had great chemistry with his on screen mother Jill.. on screen brother Jack.. with Chelsea.. Michael/Lauren.. and especially Chelsea. The only person he didn't have chemistry with was Amelia's Victoria.

I was reading an interview that departing head-writer Shelly Altman gave last fall when she was starting. What I found most interesting was her thoughts on Hilary and her story. She basically said that she loved the character..and planned to interact her with other characters.. and mentioned she would still interact with Neil in a non-romantic way. I did notice that Hilary was interacting with Jack/Jill... while Lily tried to keep Devon and Hilary from dating by fixing him up with that Esmeralda character... then all of a sudden, things shifted and hilary/Neil became romantic and got married. It was too sudden.. and I wonder if perhaps JFP or Sony forced the pairing.

Also, it seems like JFP wants a writer that shares her vision.. and I'm wondering if even JFP knows what that vision is.

• Members

Sony. My money is on Sony. Writers had no plans for this until right before it happened. It seems like it came from the top by someone who doesn't have a clue about what the audience wants to see. And part of me thinks it also came from said exec per request from KSJ. His twitter meltdowns over the negative reception of the pairing were very OTT and unlike him, who is usually very silly and laid back.

Other than having SBu front and center as much as possible, I don't see a vision either.

• Members

I honestly don't think Jill knew Y and R well. She stated she didn't really watch the soap prior to her taking over the helm. At GH not only was she a huge fan she had worked on the show starting her career there. Y and R is a really tough show to get its style and pacing. I found this funny someone asked Wendy Riche if she would come back to daytime on her twitter and she said she loved daytime. She also comments on she loves y and r. Just imagine Wendy at the helm of y snd r.

• Members

Oh please DT did fine with everyone even AH. JFP only hired him back because BM left and she used him as a temporary fill in until she found who she really wanted. She never gave DT a chance.

And to add insult to injury nuBilly is NOTHING at all like the previous 2, and looks nothing like them and has been sorased. They might as well have gotten James Earl Jones to play nuBilly.

Archived