Y&R: October 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Let's not go overboard Nelson played Phyllis for a little under 2 years She was a rough recast at first but I enjoyed her when had a darker take. She wasn't hugely popular in the role. Stafford made a huge mark and won the Emmy in 1997. I believe CBS let Nelson go and really had been trying to get Michelle to return. It took them three years to get her back. Michelle is a great actress and hugely popular. I loved all her early years when Bell and Alden was writing her but then when MAB took over I hated the character and Michelle looked and acted bored her last two years. Michelle is a STAR.

• Members

I actually liked Heather Rattray in the role. I wondered if ATWT tried to contact her after Martha Byrne left in the shows last years. No offense to Noelle Beck, but her Lily seemed like a totally different character, one who had never been on in the history of the show.

From what I remember of Sandra Nelson's performance, I can't complain. Back in those days, Phyllis' malevolence seemed more understated, less over the top that what it eventually became. I think Sandra played that underlying menace quite effectively from what I can recall.

• Members

Nelson had a darker kind of an acquired taste but she never was a superstar and the show let her go. They always wanted Stafford back. Stafford quit abrputly in 1997. It's crazy when Stafford quit y and r she had offers from every soap and not just a y and r return. CBS didn't recast until she secured Nina. Stafford is a star in the biz weather u love or hate her and Michelle has the kind of cool persona that she doesn't give a f@@k what people think. I thought it was classy she said great stuff about Gina and totally was supportive.

• Members

Prime time is hard genre to break in. Pacific Palisades failed but it was three years until she returned and Kay Alden was begging her to return. I love Staffords 2000 return it was really good writing. I loved her 90s stint as well I just loathed her last two to three years on the show.

Archived