Y&R: October 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I hate it too. A sensible writer would have Summer mad at Sharon for at least a 2-3 month arc and forgive her [b/c Sharon was mentally ill], but I doubt it. Summer [alongside Victor and other Newmans] will lead the witch hunt against Sharon. rolleyes.gif

But a part of me is hoping that it comes out that Sharon didn't switch the results in Summer really is Jack's. I'm over paternities switching every other damn week. It's played out.

• Members

There is no way that Sharon doesn't get the rap and the heat to go along with this paternity switch story. However, I do feel that if Phyllis/Jack is the intention for a long term pairing then it makes more sense to tie them together with Summer. I always thought that Jack would be her father in the end anyway. But MAB just couldn't tell MS no when it came to being paired with JM. I still regret that the pairing lasted so long and changed the dynamics of the show the way that it did.

• Members

With GT as Phyllis, no way it works with Aunt Jack. The Summer switch (and fortunately we knew it was a false switch from basically the beginning) will hopefully payoff. I do hate that Sharon is going to be pinned under this - potentially so many steps backwards after getting Sharon back to more of the character she was meant to be rather than the mess the writers of the past decade made her. Perhaps, we'll be surprised and she will emerge stronger by accepting responsibility for her actions and trying to make things right. If she gets all defensive and tries to cover it up or blame someone else, it won't work.

Archived