Y&R: October 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Her hair should be drab she was in a coma for one year. Btw I disagree with Gina is a CBS actress. I loved her first stint as Kelly on OLTL. She was endearing funny and adorable and she was very young. Loved her crazy outfits and her chemistry with tuc Watkins and Nathan Fillion. She did great work on the 1997 storyline when Kelly hit Blair's car causing her to lose Patrick. She was the original Kelly loved her but I loathed her 2010 return. She was paired with an awful Joey and there was no game plan there. Ron didn't have clue where Kelly was going and IMO Gina hadn't played her in 8 years and she just got off of Dinah and looked bored. Kelly was a very different character then Dinah but I loved her 1995 to 2001 stint she was there for seven years. It's crazy Gina is celebrating come February 2015 20 years in daytime. From 21 to 41 she's sure grown in that period

• Members

She only came into her own and got recognition as an actress when she started playing Dinah. Kelly may have gotten her into the business, but she got very little attention for playing that part.

Something about her I think pops better over at CBS, but that may be because the roles being a better fit for her too.

I believe GT said her hair is eventually going to be red.

• Members

I absolutely love the look this actress is sporting at the moment. It looks like she's wearing pale foundation, pale eye shadow, lots of mascara and no blush. Her dark hair makes it all really pop. In fact all the hair and makeup on today's show was fab. Whoever cut Nikki's hair and brightened up her make up should get an Emmy just for that. What an improvement. I guess alcohol agrees with her. Ditto with Nick's shave and general clean up. He's actually kinda hot again.

Mariah gives me life. She's like a little black cloud floating around keeping it real. I laughed out loud when Summer asked her for the something blue she was supposed to bring for Sharon and she said "you were serious about that?". I love her chemistry with Victor, Nick and Faith too. The only scenes with her that are weak imo are when she's flirting with Kevin. It comes off as so fake, it's like, ugh, just stop.

• Members

Gina Tognoni addressed the hair color on Twitter. It seems like she chose not to go completely red because Michelle wasn't very red when she left.

@ginatognoni Was there any discussion of making your hair a little more red for the roll? Although Michelle's wasn't red when she left. #YR

.@sleeplesssue nice eye- exactly , going even more RED , tell me what you think in a month

• Members

Did they recast Fenn?

I caught up a few scenes with GT. I think she's playing up the dark angle of the character, but Phyllis used to be feisty and a lot of fun as well in her heyday. I remember when she met Isabella for the first time, she was half drunk I think, and she kept shaking her hand for 50 seconds much to Jack and Paul's disbelief LOL Ah, the good ole' days.

PS. that bland music on the show is a pain to my ears.

• Members

Max Ehrich has clearly worked to butch up, either for his role on Under the Dome where he sports that look, or for primetime and film in general. Fen still comes off pretty gay, though. But not as gay as Dad and Uncle Kevin.

Seriously, a clan of deeply sexually confused, dysfunctional gay and/or bisexual men would be a hell of a story. Bill Bell would do it, if Bill Bell had been born a few decades later. And you have Tracy Bregman playing Julianne Moore in Far from Heaven - who wouldn't watch that? Emmys all around!

• Members

This show is so boring. I don't know how people can get through an episode bc its such a chore. Its rough

What did Jack do to Ashly 2 years ago that has her pissed?

fN12LrT.png?1

Did she take a scissor to her dress before she went out? Awful

IA that the actor playing Fenn looks good

The back and forth between Sharon and Phyllis getting ready for the wedding was perfect

Yep it was

86cbfe5b29f28c41b18bd302f0398073.png?ito

and realistically her hair should be red as being in a coma, her roots would have long since grown out to their natural color

Archived