James Scott OUT at Days

• Members

Does anyone think that with James leaving, Eileen only returning for a stint, and Joe's airtime decreased that it's time to bid adieu to the Dimeras? Should they just close that chapter for the time being (till Sami's kids age) or for good and bring back the Alamain clan (Nicky, Vivian, Quinn, & Lawrence) or a new villainous family to fill the void?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I had hoped for this news for years, and yet in more recent years, I realized his value to the overall canvas. However, he, like other men on this show (ie Lucas) always orbit around Sami. Without her, his presence may feel unnecessary.

I would never want them to write out Stefano completely unless Joe Mascolo was looking to retire or take more time off. He's pretty up there in years.

• Members

OK. Just making sure someone agreed with me. I didn't wanna step on toes b/c I know that long-term DAYS fans love their DImera clan. Me personally, I can give or take (with the exception of Kristen). I've found the entire family to become stale in the past few years.

I wouldn't mind them killing off Stefano because they aren't working Joe anyways, so you might as well kill the character off; however, I'd want his death to be handled with some sensitivity. Here's how I'd handle it:

I'd love for Stefano to become upset about finally being alone in that manor and take it out/blame the people of Salem. Have Stefano become ill from grief and for Marlena to feel bad for him. Marlena becomes his confidante, much to the chagrin of John. Marlena accompanies him to doctors appointments & they learn that Stefano has stage IV heart cancer. John forbids Marlena from hanging around Stefano, but for some reason, she just feels sorry for him. She can't let him go through this alone. This eventually causes a rift their marriage.

Roman, however, is the only person to understand and respects Marlena's choice. Marlena confides in Roman, which puts them back in the same orbit. Marlena also tells Roman to join her in her visits with Stefano, so he can find closure with his old foe. As Stefano dies, he, Roman, Abe, and Marlena finally mend the fences. Their final scenes should consist of them rehashing their tumultuous history, explaining their actions/stances, have Stefano apologize and accept his wrongdoings finally, and have him die in Marlena's arms as Roman and Abe watch. Surprisingly, Stefano's death actually hits Abe, Marlena, and Roman hard. For Abe, it rehashes Lexie's death; meanwhile, Roman and Marlena feel a void in their life. While they hated Stefano's actions in the past, they do admit that Stefano's acts strengthen their bonds.

Stefano divides his vast fortune up, giving money to charity (preferably the Horton foundation), and he leaves money to Chad, EJ, Kristen, Abe/Theo, Roman, and Marlena. Marlena is also given his estate in Salem. She opts living in the house, and puts in on the market, which will eventually be occupied by the new havoc-wreaking family in Salem, and in an emotional final goodbye to Stefano, Marlena finally breaks down cleaning up the house and removing his infamous portrait from the wall.

As to new families, I think that DOOL should borrow to instances from Guiding Light (seeing as they were always good at bringing in new families IMO), and either borrow from the inceptions of the Santos or Spaulding clans (i.e. how they were brought to the canvas). Have a rich family coming to town to do business (Spaulding clan) OR have someone accidentally kill someone, who happens to be part of a criminal family, and his/her family moves to town to seek vengeance against the culprit (Santos clan).

• Members

10177314_400023646806582_283341072305208

AARON & GRIFFIN KUNITZ WRAP UP 5-YEAR RUN AS JOHNNY DiMERA

The mother of Aaron & Griffin Kunitz (Johnny) today confirmed that they are also leaving "Days of Our Lives", since both of their TV parents, Alison Sweeney (Sami) and James Scott (EJ), are leaving the show this month as well. Saying "it's been an amazing 5+ years", she also tweeted what the next projects for her boys will be: "Griffin will be in a few episodes of Dog with A Blog which is a kids Disney show...Aaron has a DISH commercial coming out in May."

The Kunitz twins made their debut on "Days" on January 27, 2009 when they were just 3 years old. Viewers have watched them grow up through the years, and the boys just celebrated their 9th birthday in April.

No word yet on the status of Berlyn & Brooklyn Baca (Sydney), who have yet to even debut on screen, but it would seem that they would also be leaving the show, and last airing in October along with the rest of their TV family. Campbell & Carolyn Rose (Allie) might be remaining (or making sporadic visits), since her TV dad, Lucas, is still in Salem.

Like ·

• Members

We are so terrible.

I would love to see a ton of old characters brought back (we are coming up on the 50th after all and it's time the show brought back Bo, Jack, etc.) and THEN integrate new with the old.

As people the audience is familiar with leave, the viewership drops off. Too much new blood. Time to change that, NBC. Start bringing back people we care about instead of newbies we don't.

Just my two cents. :)

• Members

I think the Alamains are a great idea to bring back. Vivian needs to be written as a true villainess and not a campy cartoon.

I have no desire to see Nicholas be EJ 2.0 but I'd like to some darker tendencies. He can be flawed and tormented but he doesn't need to be evil.

And just bring Lawrence back from the dead.

I'd be fine with no Carly though.

• Members

This breaks my heart!!! It's so rare to actually watch a TV child grow up ON SCREEN and played by the same actor (or set of twins) for the duration. Days has really done a good job in the last 5-10 years of keeping their child actors in place and it shows by how amazing the kid cast is. (Ciara, Theo, Johnny, and I think even Allie have all been the same actors since at least 2009-10ish). It is so much better to have that consistency than when we had a recast Abby Deveraux every 2 years back in the early 2000s. SORASED and then de-SORASED and back and forth. I wonder if they knew James and Ali were both leaving when they Sydney recast was decided. Even thought the current Sydney girls struggle in their scenes, they are on so little that if they did know about James and Ali at the time of recast it would seem to me like "what's the point?"

Archived