Y&R: February 2014 Discussion Thread

• Members

That is definitely looking like the the new set up.

Victor's friendship with Sharon always brought out his more sensitive side (until MAB ruined it) and I think that is what they are trying to establish here with Chelsea and Victor. It just doesn't work as well since not even a week ago he was calling her trash. Now I am suppose to buy that he sees her as family? Connor is clearly the endgame here. Hopefully Chelsea isn't too caught up in her grief that she falls prey to Victor's schemes. But of course she will.

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

On RW and Tyler. Tabby really has ruined the momentum the character had. And silly me thinking that it might be better for his airtime and story to be involved with Abby. Fail on both accounts. He was better used with Lily. And he had more buzz and people caring about his character with her. And more airtime. Now, it is all about how boring and chemistry free Tabby is...he needs out bad. They just can't buy a spark. It's a real shame. Of course, people want to blame him for the failure but MO has had two pairings with really hot guys and failed miserable to have chemistry with either. I am thinking she is just a dud.

• Members

Hmmm, even with the writing you've been given, there is always a way to exhibit character -- remain true to the character -- even if you are slated to act out something a little bit different.

And to clarify: I didn't point out that she could deliver. :) I pointed out that she "almost came alive." Not quite the same thing. IMO even with better material, AH still lacks bite and I am left feeling dissatisfied at her portrayal. Dissatisfied and longing for something better.

I thought she "almost came alive." :lol: But not quite. As you say, once MTS started talking, the scene really got rolling. MTS is a true star. She just lights up her scenes. And IA about CK. Lily is more interesting being a pushy GCAC proprietor (and bitching out Hilary).

What she said

Though I think JC is an accomplished and technically more skillful actress, much more so than AH.

I'm going to get [!@#$%^&*] for this but if SMG ever returned to Daytime, I think she would make a very watchable and age-appropriate Victoria.

• Members

I am coming to that conclusion, too. Which is a shame because physically, she fits the part. She is so pretty and looks like she could be Ashley's daughter. Heck, she even looks like that amazing young actress (Rose Byrnes) who played young Abby ("'I OWN Jabot!'"). BTS, she looks like a lot of fun but onscreen she is not clicking with some of the men.

• Members

I guess deep down this is the real issue. Who is Victoria Newman? Her character started to take a turn even when HT was still in the role. That final year she was not working. She was crying a lot and then she left for Italy because Nick Newman ran the show. When she returned a year and a half later she shifted into more of romantic lead who liked art. She worked at NE but she was back drop. The most we saw her working was when they reintroduced Adam and then they had their rivalry. Then obviously CE left and MM came and everything shifted again. It was all about Evil Adam! And then Billy/Victoria happened and that has been her storyline ever since. TPTB stopped writing for Victoria a long time ago. She has small victories here and there but ultimately it is all about the male Newmans.

• Members

My issue with Abby is that they need to let her be a bitch. MO plays it so well and Abby is way too damn boring. This girl is the heir to three fortunes. She has been caught in the middle of this Newman/Abbott war all her life. She shouldn't be tied down like she is now. Tyler should be her main bootycall but she should be a semi wild child but still be professional. A lady and a freak at the same time. And this Mariah nonsense is dumb as hell. They really killed any potential of Tabby with that crap.

• Members

The problem with AH's Victoria is that they've always tried to write the character around her strengths as an actress, which doesn't work since the character was well-established for a decade with HT in the role

AH is clearly no HT, her acting is incredibly inconsistent, and she simply cannot play the character the same type of character that was well-established before she inherited the role. Say what you want about HT's last year in the role, but she never sunk as low as Heinle has been since day one.

• Members

Enough with the Amelia heinle bashing. She is probably the most naturally gorgeous girl I have seen on soaps. She has improved a ton in 9 years. She gave great performances during Delia's death. She has played Victoria for nearly 9 years and has renewed her contract. She ain't going nowhere as the brass and actors love her. Even Victoria Rowell who is crazy said Amelia is an angel. Give her credit and props. She's not heather Tom. Heather is on b and b period and she ain't coming back.

Archived