Y&R: February 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm loving Y&R.

Just watching Thursday now. Loving Paul, Michael and Lauren. This is the kind of levity Ron Carlivati tries to do. I can't believe F**king Victor reported Chloe for kidnapping. But its organic drama. Nikki is awesome as the fearsome grandmother, protecting Summer.

Oops. Victor had nothing to do with Chloe's arrest. My bad. Victoria and Stck have no chemistry. Hideous kiss.

• Members

The Baldwins are more tolerable now that the Carmine/Womack mess is over....that is until we learn the significance of the postcard from Puerto Rico. I know some people want it to be Sheila who sent it and not Carmine but ugh please no. I can't take any more frantic, terrorized Lauren. Michael had good scenes with Chloe I thought until it became a gooey Kevin pleading with Chloe moment.

Jack and Victor arguing over Connor as Chelsea stands there looking stupid was so annoying. Then she asks Victor if he's gonna take Connor as if he'd just admit it. What a dodo brained woman. The static call was Adam so cue the search for him, blah.

• Members

It would've been great if Y&R could've shown us how the police found out about Chloe and what led to her apprehension. I mean, they must not have had time to spare to include that--after all, they only have 5 days a week! We're just left to draw our own conlcusions that perhaps after searching the hospitals, morgues, bus stations and airports that they saw a child matching Connors description and discovered that he was accompanied by someone who turned out to be Chloe.

Remember when Y&R used to show us how the police did their work and how they solved cases? Now they can't even bother to tell us.

I can't believe I'm looking forward to anything involving Victor Newman but I'm looking forward to his confrontation with Ian Ward. Ray Wise just seems to be having so much fun with this role and from the clip I saw between he and Eric Braeden, I'd guess Eric is having a ball too.

I still feel like this storyline is moving at warped speed but Y&R has had noticeable trouble pacing their stories for the last several years, irrespective of regime changes.

• Members

Paul explained to Kevin that once Chelsea reported Connor missing they had no choice but to make the arrest. And didn't Chelsea report that Chloe had taken Connor? I don't really remember. I don't know how they found out the details, but this is one case where I don't really need to see all the investigation. It would have just drug out this part of the story. Perhaps it would have been nice to show Chelsea making a call to the police station to report that the child was found. And maybe I've just been "trained" by another show that makes illogical leaps almost daily with no explanation whatsoever so I'm willing to forgive these relatively minor (IMO) lapses for Y&R. The point was for Chloe to be arrested and to show how hopeless she's become that her future can ever be any brighter than her living hell is right now. I thought it was very effective.

I too am really looking forward to Victor sharing scenes with Ian/John.

The storyline is moving rapidly by Y&R standards, and the writing isn't POUNDING every single emotional beat into the ground they way the show is known for, but I don't think it's skipping or missing any of them either. I can see why long term viewers find the pace unnerving but I find it a good balance.

• Members

It's not that big of a deal but one 3-4 minute scene just before Chloe was apprehended would've covered it. Maybe having written scripts, I can spot holes and it sticks out like a sore thumb to me.

No need to pound every emotional beat but sometimes soaps try my patience a little where I feel I have to check my intelligence at the door. Writers probably shouldn't watch soaps, which is why I often take huge breaks from this show but it is something of a guilty pleasure (and a habit) for me. Healthier than smoking, I suppose.

Archived