Y&R: February 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

IIRC, Steve Burton appeared sans shirt on a regular basis on GH until he decided he wanted to be taken more seriously (or whatever). Until then, though, he was more willing to go shirtless b/c he was desperate for airtime and attention.

• Members

Remember when they made Adam so evil and vile to the point they had to kill him off because Michael Muhney was exiting the show because it was pilot season and Muhney was about to become the next biggest thing...?

................................only for Muhney to return smoking cigars, drinking Heinkein with sunglasses......?

• Members

I was under the impression Steve Burton's refusal to do shirtless scenes started with his "religious beliefs," but eventually just became nothing but him talking [!@#$%^&*] in the press for years about how he liked eating Krispy Kremes and sweets for most of the year and only wanted to bother dieting and getting in real shape or bulking up once or twice a year at best, and weren't GH and Jill so cool to keep accommodating his whims.

To which I would say tough [!@#$%^&*], you're being paid a ludicrous amount of money and we're flying you in from Bumfuckville, get on the crossfit workout and take your clothes off for the people.

• Members

LOL, maybe SB is playing the smartest game of all by not removing his shirt and making it an issue. All this breathless anticipation! I remember he did show off the old waxed chesticals when he got with Chelsea and I did remember thinking "That was what the fuss was about?" blink.png

• Members

Burton did claim his religious beliefs when stopped taking off his shirt. His weight has fluctuated over the years. But before he left GH, he did take that selfie of him shirtless. Apparently to prove the fans rumors that he was fat wrong. This is how I knew that he was unhappy and would likely be shown the door.

• Members

Emmy Reel Season!? - this was GRAND MASTERPIERCE THEATRE, my dear.

whistling.jpg

Compared to that I must say JFP made Y&R a lot less dreadful and Steve-centric than I thougt she would. There is lots of stuff writing and production-wise which is just incomprehensibly bad (and it is therefore hard to believe that JFP has been in this business longer than 2 months...) but overall the show is a healthy "C".

But back onto the actual happening in Genoa City: was there given a logic explanation as to they dropped Kyle storywise???

I just remember that short mention that he is now in New York digging up dirt on OldVic which was like 5 seconds after he told Victor to shove it. Or maybe Jack did it and Surferboard Kyle just stood there nodding.

Archived