Y&R: February 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OMG. How much is Ian Ward entertaining me these days? And I don't know if this was intentional or not (doubt it), but watching Dylan and Nick arf-arf and grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! at him like two pissy chihuahuas was the funniest thing I have seen in some time!

• Members

Cat, I love this man! When I saw him in the preview, I screamed with excitement. Sending that pic to Nikki? Lawd! I love Ian Ward and look forward to seeing him. He's deliciously bad :)

Ray Wise is now on contract. Not sure for how long, but I thank TPTB for securing this guy. I love this old school villain!

• Members

I actually think he's more fun even than Mark Pinter who played the senator who rigged up the Newman house with explosives (and for that alone, I bow down). He's so jolly and cuddly and giggly. Very persuasive, because when he turns? It's gonna be MOIDUH!

And Nikki being all *pant, pant* "Dear God! Noooooooo! Not Summer!!!" in the previews. :lol: Classic overwrought soap delivery.

• Members

Yep I have that SBu selfie LoL....I agree re: this is what soap operas do and its your job, I never heard him say anything about religious beliefs it would be weird though he was portraying a hitman, serial killer, enforcer but his religious beliefs had no problem with that.

Nikki was good today, this storyline is working for me, I'm interested but I didn't think the would be found out so soon I thought there would be more showing more beats of how Summer is lured into his web; I didn't see it coming that he was going to blackmail Nikki...that picture was da bomb! Got my adrenalin going...

I agree Wise is excellent as this cult villain it sort of reminds me how Tristan is playing Colin this persona of one thing funny joke cracking.... while there is this cunning mastermind underneath... I can't recall seeing a villain involving a sect before in soaps..has there ever been one? I enjoyed Y/R today it wasn't too bad at all.

• Members

I am with you on everything you said. Although I really am enjoying the Dylan/Nick working together, and I know I'm in the minority on that. I can't wait to see what happens tomorrow although the previews were very spoilerish.

I had the feeling they were going to drag that out longer. I really like this pace though.

• Members

I'm in the minority too I guess, because I enjoyed their tongue in cheek scenes. Nick going full Neanderthal and saying that just because they both wanted to kick Ian Ward's ass doesn't mean they are friends or anything. Then Avery finding them having a coffee together. "We're just two guys having a coffee. What?!"

• Members

I'm enjoying Wise's performance too...I just wonder, though, how they will sustain the overall storyline (or if they plan to). Things seem to be moving very quickly. These storylines are wrapping awful quickly these days, although I don't mind that the ballroom heist or the Connor kidnapping storylines wrapped so quickly--I was glad they didn't draw those out. I just wonder in what direction things will now move with the Ian Ward character.

• Members

Angie McD tweeted it last week. I will see if I can find it and get back to you.

Onto Ian Ward! I so want to join his flock. A bit disappointed he was found out so quickly, so we will have to see where this goes. I was watching yesterday giggling like a school girl whenever he was on. Ray Wise is incredible. Nikki cracks me up when she gets worried, and MTS with that weird posture is hilarious.

• Members

I've watched him since I was a little kid and I will watch Ray Wise in anything. Almost anything.

If they really wanted to get me interested in this story they'd amp up the Jim Jones/Jonestown cult stuff. I love Melody Thomas Scott, it's Steve Burton I can't watch. He'll always be a failure on this show, he hasn't acted in years and years.

Archived