Y&R: February 2014 Discussion Thread

• Members

Yeah, there was a discussion about those exterior shots on this board some time ago and they were panned by everyone who posted a comment for all the reasons you just mentioned. It would be great if they could just write NG (no good) on the production list and ditch those shots for the future. Pixar coud create more realistic images in their animation.

Okay, I saw the last two episodes and there is one thing I can say:

Last time I complained that the scenes were devoid of action driving each scene. These hostage/ballroom scenes had some action, I mean, people were busy, so there's that.

Although, I really can't think of much payoff after the hostage/ballroom scenes are complete. I mean, was there any groundwork for future stories laid during these scenes? Any seeds planted?

I didn't really see any-

Sure, they were obviously setting Cane up to let Colin back into his life (and make him relationship material for Jill) I can't say I'm really interested in that.

1. The Billy/Kelly ONS/co-dependent affair has been revealed to little fanfare (AH should ask JW or MTS to teach her how to slap someone). It was expected and the delivery was subpar.
  2. The only scenario in relation to the hostage scenes that mildly interests me at this point, is seeing how the Chloe, Connor Paris scenes unfold and resolve. And the only connection to the ballroom is that Chloe's flight from it and Chelsea being held in it, is what facilitated Chloe's escape.

I'm interested in the impostor Cassie story but that is not related to the hostage scenes, so I'm not counting that.

Technical/script/lazy writing aside, I think the direction of the scenes moved so fast, you never got any sense that any major charater was in danger--there was no time! If there is no sense of danger, the scenes fall flat. There was no time to build intrigue or anything other than fleeting recognition.

Remember in soaps, when there used to be a heightened set of rising circumstances where you felt nervous for character(s) being in jeopardy? Now there is no time. Gotta move everything along, I guess :(

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That was the quickest hostage crisis I've ever seen. We had half hourly snow updates so I lost 20 minutes yesterday. Didn't take long for Colin to kill Womack.

BEST SCENE OF THE DAY: Cane gets shot.

WORST SCENE OF THE DAY: Cane gets up.

A stray bullet for Lily wouldn't have hurt, either[just sayin']

I hate to admit it, but I don't hate Nick and Sharon together.

• Members

I don't hate Shick either. I've never hated them. I hate what was done to Sharon to get her with Adam. Shick are nice and sweet, and I hope they get back together. Nick and that red headed beast was always a joke to me.

As for yesterday's show...thoroughly enjoyed it, and I love Colin 100xs more than I ever mildly liked Robert Scorpio. The screaming between Lily and Paul was so bad, but at least Lily is supposed to be screaming. Doug Davidson does not believe you can emote w/out screaming, but hey, if it gets you an Emmy, sobeit.

Bye Womack! Gonna try and miss you...no, not really. I hope this means we can bring back Carmine, and I find it difficult to believe that this fine fella is in WP to shield him from that moron who couldn't even take hostages properly. Glad it only lasted a few days because it could have really been embarrassing.

I really wanted Victor to crush Kevin. How dare he get all high and mighty with all the sh!t he never paid for. Why is he still on this show?!

Don't wish to spoil anyone, but in the preview, it looks like they made an attempt to comb Amelia's hair. Sorry, the spoiler tag does not work for me.

• Members

I've always hated Sharon. She's the reason I quit watching the show way back when. I'm stunned to find her story the more interesting of things that are happening on the show right now. I've shifted my dislike of her to Avery. I guess Steve Burton still has the no shirtless policy in effect. It was so weird to see those scenes where he's in his black Tee and boxers, and Avery is all wrapped up in a sheet, supposedly nude beneath. I mean really? Who does that? Sits around naked while the other person is clothed? It's just weird looking.

• Members

I saw some pics of Amelia's hair. It looked flat ironed and something a 14 year old would wear. Wasn't it pulled back with some rhinestone bobby pin or something. I guess this is there attempt to make her look younger for DTs Billy. *sigh* Just no. Victoria Newman is not 14!

I just don't understand why Kevin Fisher is constantly featured on this show. They always find a spot for him. Always. Sony really needs to get over it.

• Members

JFP should not allow this. Or at least make it so that it doesn't look ridiculous if for nothing else but respect for JC. She is sitting around naked with him clothes...both a top and a bottom. It is just as you both said. Weird. If SBu doesn't want to do love scenes then don't make him a romantic lead. He can exist without a romance on this show.

• Members

I agree. And it's on all soaps. The absolute rule that no character can exist without a pairing is so weak. And I could honestly care less about seeing him with no clothes on. But if they're going to have those kind of afterglow scenes, then do it in a way that doesn't look so dumb. She could have had robe on or something. It's strangely misogynistic too. The idea that Avery is running back and forth to the kitchen to serve him, while he sits there fully clothed and leering at her. Shudder.

Archived