Y&R: February 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Liz Hendrickson - If the writing is good she can deliver, but she got VERY lazy when things went downhill for Chloe. I hope she can maintain what they're building for her.

Melissa Claire Egan - Chelsea is one of my least-favorite characters, but she's FINALLY found somebody she has chemistry with--Victor Newman. I hope they take it slow and find something that works for her if she's going to continue. There is finally something they can work with.

Amelia Heinle - I'll admit her ass has improved, but I still don't like her for being lazy for so many years. I want to see where she goes when she's out of this heavy emotional story. Will Victoria ever leave home and become a business woman again? I need that. NO more stories involving children for Billy or Victoria.

• Members

Amazing post and IA. Though I still have issues with EH's one-note, self-righteous negativity, I get why Chloe's grief is now morphed into anger and vengeance. I hope after this the PTB transition Chloe into the role her character is screaming for: a young Brenda Dickson-style Jill Foster. Hurt, quietly vengeful, but ready to kick ass in the boardroom and look great doing it. Chloe's grief sort of mirrors Jill's for Philip Sr (and Jr).

THANK YOU for pointing out the chemistry between Chelsea and the old goat! I hope they go slow, too, and we never see either of them in a bedroom, barn or on a sofa. Ahem.

I hear ya re: AH. I commend her work when Victoria found out Delia was dead. But it has been, what, 10 years? When an actor still doesn't feel like the character after all that time, it's time to admit the recast was a fail. Sorry AH fans. It's not even about HT anymore, I just can't with the monotone whispering, the ratty appearance, the baby fever, the Susie Homemaker thing. When AH was overseeing the Delia foundation stuff at the GCAC, though, it was like Vic heading up a board meeting and AH almost came alive.

• Members

It would be easy if TPTB wanted to. Right now, Carmine is in Witness Protection for ratting on the guy in jail who kept threatening Fen. All they need to do is have the guy die in jail offscreen (he pissed off the wrong inmate) and Carmine is free to come out of WP. He can come back to GC, ostensibly an unwelcome presence for Michael and Shrill Lauren (Michael always wondering if, even after all that has happened, he is still not up to Carmine in the bedroom. Lauren's libido, after all, did give Brad a heart attack once upon a time). And he can also dally with the other sex-starved rich wives of GC. Lord knows he is a conman whose dick is always getting him into trouble. Maybe MD would have chemistry with Melissa Ordway. Redaric Williams, bless his heart, is working overtime to make Tabby happen, and so is she, but it just isn't. Tyler needs to go back to slowwwwwwly undressing Lily with his eyes.

BTW, I though MD held up his scenes very well against CLB. He really has improved leaps and bounds. Michael looked like he wanted to sop Carmine up with a big hunk of bread. Mmm hmmmmm!

• Members

The guy in jail is Womack but he gets released soon. I'm wondering if

It is possible we haven't seen the last of Carmine but we just gotta get rid of Womack first so Carmine can come out of WP. I don't want him stuck obsessed with Lauren though. That is ridiculous and a waste.

I enjoyed the Michael and Carmine scene. I think MD has found his niche in playing slimy Carmine. Yup, Michael did look like he wanted to have his way with Carmine. Not that I blame him.

• Members

I have to agree. I know that Delia's death was a tragic accident. If Adam would have come forward then someone like Paul would have looked into it. He tries to be as fair as possible. The point is that instead of doing the right thing he decided to cover his tracks like he always does and then made the situation worse. Everything he did after the fact was horrible. The worst being accepting her corneas when he knew that he probably killed her. He made himself look guilty as hell and after all the crap he has pulled over the years why would anyone believe him now? Though I am glad not everyone is all "Rah rah Adam is dead!" and some are seeing the bigger picture which makes it even sadder. So much of this could have been avoided if Adam wasn't such a damn coward.

• Members

Isn't that a writing issue though? You just pointed out when she is put in that position of work mode she can deliver it. AH will never be HT but she also doesn't have to be. I have no issue with her as Victoria but I will agree that it has been long overdue that she went back to being a businesswoman and not just off screen mentions. They need to show it again. But not just for her -- for everyone. Too many restaurants and police plots. I have had my feel of the GCPD to last a lifetime. Bring back the boardrooms ASAP.

• Members

See, the dialogue is not giving me this. These buffoons are making it sound as if Delia would be less dead if Adam had come forth - Adam could have been anyone. They also would have the audience believe small children in the middle of the road at night is the norm and that drivers need to be more cautious (GH anyone?). Is there a visible sign for drivers unfamiliar with the area? Had Adam come forth and not destroyed evidence, would Delia still be alive? No! So the words are not matching that of what adults s/b saying. Billy's actions make no sense. The only person who is making sense is Chloe, a grieving parent completely uninvolved with the ACCIDENT! While I'm enjoying the drama and having so much of the cast involved, it's kind of stupid. Billy's negligence caused Delia's death, and they need to have an eppy with him admitting this, so that the character can grow the hell up.

To have that maggot Kevin giving the run down of the charges Adam could face?! Puke!

• Members

It isn't DTs one day that is making this better. It is because it is better written than before and the wait is over. This is the payoff for the long and tedious wait.

Everyone brings their A-game when they work with the star of the show. Nothing more. Once she gets used to being in his orbit she will be back to her mediocre chemistry impaired self. But Chelsea really is the new Sharon isn't she.

• Members

I thought AH was horrible in those scenes. MTS, on the other hand, was great. She looked like she wanted to be there and enjoyed doing those scenes. AH didn't. At first I thought she was playing worry about Billy but after a while I didn't think that was what it was at all. She was just there. CK did better and was more believable as a business woman than she did.

• Members

That still doesn't explain the bad writing. I mean lets be real here -- HT left the show because TPTB decided to backburn her and gave her shitty stories. HT could have been in the role and Victoria still would have been crying about babies because the show runners were more focused on Nick and Adam as the true Newman heirs, not Victoria. Maybe it will change with Adam gone but I doubt it.

Archived