Y&R: February 2014 Discussion Thread

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I meant that Kay left more money to Devon, than Mac, Macs child, Brock, P2 and P3. In all the years of watching Katherine I found that unbelievable. Making Devon a part of the clan, by leaving him an equal share, even though he's the only one left on canvas would have made sense. Instead they made Katherine's final wishes silly, it didn't jive with history or even common sense. What was the purpose of making Devon richer than the Katherine's other relatives anyway? He still would have had plenty to buy the GCAC and do everything else he's doing now.

• Members

Kay was grooming Phillip to run Chancellor because she had no idea he didn't want to run it (prior to his death) & Brock & Mackenzie never had any desire to work for Chancellor which never bothered her.

She didn't push Phillip into running Chancellor after she learned he was alive nor Chance after he returned from the army.

• Members

Most of what's been done to the veteran characters over the last few regimes has made sense.

However I am happy that Devon received the lion's share of Katherine's money if only because he's her only direct blood tie left on the show.

Had he gotten the majority of her estate with the rest of his Chancellor relatives on the canvas then that would definitely be a subject worth addressing onscreen but at least the money is in possession of someone who has good intentions, is directly related to Katherine & who Katherine considered family prior to her death.

The current most problematic thing about Katherine's legacy is Victor owning Chancellor.

Logically Chancellor should have been left to Jill with automatic board seats for the rest of Katherine & Jill's children & grandchildren to keep the company in the family (but that would require Y&R being willing to write for Jill & the Chancellors which isn't going to happen).

• Members

That's no surprise Katherine was written out of character ( like every other character on canvas) as soon as MAB got a hold of her. MAB was out to fulfill her agenda getting rid of Jill or Jess Walton. It was obvious she had no interest in the story Bill Bell was telling. I think she thought Tucker/Kay or YoHarmony/Kay would be the next Jill/Katherine....what a disaster. I also heard that MAB wanted to replace Jess Walton with an actress from the Thirtysomething sitcom (Mel Harris?) but Sony wouldn't let her.

• Members

Actually Katherine was pretty much in character (in that regard).

After Phillip died Katherine stopped with her need to have a Chancellor run Chancellor Industries. It was JILL who became obsessed with having control over Chance & to a lesser extent Chancellor Industries (which is why she constantly fought with Nina after Phillip's death). However even she didn't attempt to push Chance into business once he returned from the armed forces. She was just happy to have her grandson back.

• Members

I love Tristan Rogers, but I hate his Y&R character, was no need for him to come back. This story just started and I already don't like it. It's sad when I'd rather have Jill off screen, than on screen. I swear it's been years since Jill's gotten a story I liked. I hate how they have Jill broke. How did she get so broke?

• Members

First when Katherine died in 08 she mentioned every one of them (including Danny & Gina) in her will & told them to KEEP the money she willed to them after she returned.

Secondly there's a HUGE difference between Devon & Cane.

Devon did not repeatedly lie to & manipulate Katherine nor did he use the memory of one of her loved ones to worm his way into her family the way Cane did.

To this day Cane has NEVER been made to fully address ANY of his numerous lies whereas Devon had no desire to take advantage of Katherine after learning they were related or even wanting a close relationship with Katherine. It wasn't until Katherine convinced Devon that SHE wanted a real relationship with HIM that he grew closer to her (as time & Katherine's health would permit).

• Members

JFP & JG ruined the Chancellor family IMO. I don't mind Devon getting all of the money but the memorial park and Katherine leaving Jill that music box was lame. Not to mention the total character assassination by having Katherine leave CI to Victor. The only way to redeem them is to have Jill get CI back and kick Colin to the curb. He didn't work under MAB and doesn't work for me now besides......

Wasn't Colin released with the instruction that he was never to return to the USA????? If so, are the writers just going to act as if that didn't happen??

• Members

Of course, I know the connection between Kay and the love she had for P3 and P4. I was just explaining to the poster that her complaints can apply to anyone.

And I agree that there is room for everyone, which was my point. However, this poster seems to think differently.

• Members

Jill isn't poor I think she's "Downton Abby" broke. Her disposable income isn't sufficient to keep up with the huge expenses of the running the Chancellor Estate. Estate taxes, repairs, gardeners for the grounds and graveyard, and updating an old house like that has to cost a fortune.

I'm fine with Colin returning because TR & JW are fantastic together. MAB DESTROYED the Chancellor clan so they don't have a good place to begin. Why not dive in and use the strength of the actors, build up Colin's character and go from there? Jill being stuck with Colin on the estate reminds me of her being tied to Katherine once Jill won the rights to half the mansion. I'm thrilled to see characters in the mansion again. The Chancellor stories always had more humor, & could always a be a bit crazier than the rest, so Colin fits that home perfectly. As long a Genevieve never shows up I'm good.

Archived