DAYS: November 2013 Discussion Thread

• Members

Re the ejami rape: it doesn't really matter if you think it was or wasn't a rape because both characters have calld it such and the show addressed it as such. That has not been undone. He raped her.

Now the disgusting, vile and quite frankly dangerous view that rape is only via holding someone down while they scream is disturbing to say the least. And yes, that is basically what you are saying.

On to the show... Kate/Sami is gold. Always. AS/LK play so well off each other. Really liking this story beat and curious to see where it goes.

I like Daniel and Nicole. As friends, as friends with benefits.

The thanksgiving stuff was cute.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Woah! Did not expect the ending. I'm going to assume he's going to get swept away by river and everyone will think he's dead, but he won't be (I hope). Then Nick can come back seeking revenge on Sami and Kate. I now have some hope that Nick will become the show's new villain. Since he doesn't have the money and power that Victor, Stefano, EJ do, he can be one of those villains who just uses his intelligence to manipulate people.

• Members

Oh great, there we go with Mama Mumbles blathering and waving her fingers at Victor. Girl, bye

LMAO at how Sami was going in on Gabi and not believing her.

Kate brings up Bernardi and Sami and say that this situation is the same thing. So with that, what does Sami do? Proceed to cover it up and plans on lying to the cops. Wasn't what nearly landed her on death row a couple of months ago? She hasn't learned her lessonit seems

No that's not true. The people that say EJ didn't rape Sami acknowledge that Kristen raped Eric and he wasn't exactly pinned down and screaming now.

• Members

Thank you :)

We also acknowledge Sami raped Austin and that wasn't violent either. Unfortunately, too many of the current "writers' are trying to create the next Luke and Laura and each attempt is worse than the one before it. What's really disturbing? Trying to sell a character who would ask for sex in exchange for his help in saving a man's life as a romantic lead and the sick bitch who loves him! I mean how depraved is EJ? Really? There are love stories, and then there is just filth!

• Members

I think anther important point is that in a court of law, could Sami ever make a valid case? I think not. She consented. She wasn't drugged or forced. EJ made no threats on her or Lucas if they didn't have sex. He would have left her alone and went about his business. I can't see how she could have pressed charges and had him prosecuted based on that. At no point was she forced to have sex or had her choice about the matter taken away from her. Any judge would throw this case out of court if it were ever pursued bc there isn't much there. EJ being scum doesn't make him a rapist.

• Members

Let's take "rape" that could be prosecuted out of the equation. The sick part is that soap writers/executives then create a LOVE story out of this. As you said, he's scum and what woman in her right mind would fall in love with someone who did that to her? And why would the audience cheer for that? Turn the tables and would we really cheer for Kristen/Eric? Despite the insane heat between ED/GV? Absolutely not. On ATWT, did Jack fall in love with Julia again after she raped him? No way. If they wanted to keep James Scott, they could've paired him with any number of women and created a viable love story because he is a good actor, but whatever. It's just funny how "men" get a free pass on rape/seduction, but if a woman does the same thing, lord help us. (They are both wrong.)

• Members

Unfortunately, Daytime has been polluted with rapemances for years, so that is not really my challenge here. My problem with this particular "romance" is that in this woman's moment of crisis, EJ asks for sex in exchange for help. That is absolutely sick, and I would never be able to forget that if I were a woman. EJ is not getting a free pass. He's scum! That's been established.

But in all honesty, I don't get how anyone, man or woman, can get with anyone who violates them, but that's been Daytime for the past 30 years, so who am I to judge? But I stand by what I said initially, EJ and Sami had an agreement... Sorry for anyone who does not like it!

Archived