DAYS: October Discussion Thread

• Members

For me, the disappointing part is that everything had been set up for this to be a good episode and it was just so poorly executed - script, acting, direction all fell short of expectation. Not all of that can be blamed on the budget (but that "operating theater" sure pushed the envelope). It has been a long time since I have been embarrassed for this show, but today...wow.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I really enjoyed today. The blood spatter on the cake was kind of "wtf?" for me (hey, just in case you didn't know this cake isn't real...), but I thought it was exciting. Best I've seen from the show in ages, IMO.

The only thing that disappointed me was the complete lack of suspense leading up to the shooting. I'dve loved to see Marge sneaking into the room, holding her gun, waiting for the moment. IMO suspense is way more powerful than shock at this stage in the game, and it would've been wise for us to have some. That's where I find the show falls flat, quite often.

Kristen and Sami's argument was frustrating for me, though I guess that's appropriate considering the situation and how Sami's trying really hard to keep a cool head, but it would be nice to see her throw some home truths Kristen's way, instead of the empty insults she exchanges all too often with Nicole.

I didn't find the episode was as bad as you were making out, SouthOfSoap. I feel like yes, it could've been much better, but I think that would've required better direction and more time. I think the lack of time taken really shows on an episode like this, and leads to mixed reactions like we're seeing.

• Members

That was the highlight of the episode to me. I don't know if that was meant to be funny, but the way Eileen sold that line, I smiled and laughed. Kristen is EVERYTHING.

I thought Stefano pulled a total Erica Kane (going to the chapel) followed by a classic Katherine Chancellor ('Dear God In Heaven!') once he got going with his prayers.

I hated how the shooting went, I agree that a lot more suspense and build up was needed...had they done it like Greta's Coronation 12 or 13 years ago with Marge emerging in surprise that would have been amazing. My thought was why not have a giant cake that Marge could have popped out of? They talked enough about the cake being late to the reception, I was frankly surprised they didn't go that route!

• Members

I'd say a combination of both. Sami is the one that essentially handed Stefano an axe with which to behead Will at a moment's notice, but Stefano set everything else in motion, from setting Kate up to cheat with Ian, to sending Bernardi to chop Rafe's junk off, to framing Sami for it and concealing the evidence that would prove it wasn't murder.

In truth, it's more Stefano's fault than anything. And its nice that for once, Stefano has to pay for something, if only at an emotional level and not at a penal level.

• Members

Yes! That was so stupid. There's a life or death medical crisis happening, so what does Cameron do? Googles it. laugh.png I'm SO sure.

Omg, yes. What young-mid 20s person talks to their mom about their sex life? The answer: NONE! That's the last thing I'd ever talk to my mom about.

Is Chad really dead? I'm so out of the loop with spoilers.

• Members

Pretty much everything that has happened in relation to Bernardi's demise is Stefano's fault. You could blame Bernardi for taking the money, but Stefano is the catalyst for the entire event which caused his shooting. There is a difference between getting Will's confession and ordering a man to mutilate another's penis.

• Administrator

I was disappointed too. The lead up to this episode was very good but the execution was very poor. Like other said, there was no suspense at all. I wanted Marge to shoot EJ and Sami too.

I thought something was going to happen with the cake too. Marge popping out of the cake would've been so over the top but at least it would've been memorable and fun. Old school Tomlin/Whitesell from SuBe/OLTL would've done that.....I feel like they've been neutered at DAYS.

• Members

Yeah, Marge popping out of the cake would have been over the top, memorable, and fun...but it also would have fit the aesthetic of DAYS, which, I'm beginning to see, as being the comic book of soaps, where everything is slightly exaggerated, the colours are bolder, the lighting is brighter, the storylines are just a little more outlandish with an equal mix of pathos and melodrama.

It isn't like that would have been more expensive, cut a couple of extras and don't worry about slow motion blood spraying onto the cake and signage...that was just lazy on the show's part and it could have been a showstopper.

• Members

OKAY. BUT. Stefano already went through this when he learned the gas fumes killed Lexie. I mean, he didn't put her in the tunnel personally, but still, most of his children have died because of his own machinations coming home to roost, so this death for Chad is kinda just playing the same beats. I was having a lot of fun last week, but Monday was a bit of a mess and if this is actually Chad's exit -- boo. Could've been so much better and should've involved Gabi's secret, Nick, etc.

• Members

tumblr_muom3hcSNJ1rxy0aqo3_250.giftumblr_muom3hcSNJ1rxy0aqo1_250.gif

Marge shooting the gun happened WAY too fast. IMO, it should have happened over the course of a few segments. Have her rant and go on about her grief with Sami pleading with her and then shooting Chad.

03iglpD.jpg?1

Why was Kristen out in her negligee? She looked good but she looked like she was ready for bed

tumblr_muot4syT0b1rtrgefo1_500.png

Yikes!

tumblr_muq2pwrbYF1rxy0aqo2_250.giftumblr_muq2pwrbYF1rxy0aqo3_250.gif
tumblr_muq2pwrbYF1rxy0aqo4_250.giftumblr_muq2pwrbYF1rxy0aqo1_250.gif
Her crush on Kristen continues! LMAO....Im glad it was Kristen she was talking about and not cousin Sami

Archived