DAYS: October Discussion Thread

• Members

Theresa broke into Daniel's apartment to get material that she could use to make it appear that they were sleeping together. That was pretty clear. Besides, to the best of my recollection, it only happened once; she isn't consistently breaking into there. I feel like you are almost watching a different show than me, bc the show isn't portraying her as desiring Daniel. Her only interest in him was pure lust and money and that was in their early interactions. Now its all about hurting Jennifer and she dosnt even want him like that

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

+1

Theresa's interest in Daniel is to torment Jenny. Sure, she wouldn't mind a ride on the orange glowstick, but it's in the same way she wanted a piece of Vargas - a good lay with some cash to splash. She is always on the lookout for hedonistic fun, not love and romance.

• Members

What I don't get is why Theresa's main rival is Jenn, when the logical rival for Theresa should be Abby. Theresa's older sister Eve was a rival of Jennifer's back in the day, so it would have been fitting to have Theresa be rivals with Jennifer's daughter.

• Members

I think eventually they will probably transition into an Abby/Theresa rivalry. Right now, it was probably easier to make it Jen because they needed to show Theresa screwing up at the hospital. Plus, they needed yet someone else to screw with Jen/Daniel.

What would really make sense is to have Theresa start screwing JJ and throwing it in Jen's face. Having Theresa take JJ in a few weeks ago when Jen had everyone turning him away, seemed like it wrote itself in terms of rocking Jen's world.

• Members

Tuesday was so soapy good.

Brady/Nicole/Eric - Nicole called a spade a spade with Brady being thick as pigshit. Eric and Nicole scenes actually had tension even though we knew where it was going. It was soapy goodness with both Zuker and Vaughan conveying so much hurt and anger respectively just through their expressions. I kind of think this accusation kills any chance of a romance - how do you get past this? (realistically speaking - not to be answered by Ejami, Luke/Laura, Paul/Cricket fanwankers tongue.png ) At the very least, this should set their relationship back at least a year or two.

EJ/Kristen scenes are always nice - I love how their talks are rarely about EJ, so fitting with her personality.

MR's voice is going from a cold, but it really worked well with where the character of Jen with JJ right now - exhausted from trying. I love everything JJ/Jen and JJ's friends.

Theresa/Dan, Dan/Anne whatever. Wasn't bad, wasn't great. Dr Dan in a sexual harassment scandal would be awesome if they parade his man-whoreing and bizarre co-dependency for all of Salem to shame, but really nothing like that would ever play out.

It's obvious now that sweeps is around the corner because storylines have less filler and more movement now.

• Members

If Nicole forgives Brady after this, she's as dumb as he is.

Tuesday was BRILLIANT. David Cherill wrote a good script today and the dots are all starting to be connected. GREAT soap.

I'm sorry, but wtf business does Daniel have going around town talking to everyone and their dog about JJ? FECK OFF! I HOPE Anne and EJ get in cahoots and file a sexual harrassment suit against Dan. God I just want that sleazy citrusface off my screen. Argh!

• Members

Wednesday, such great soap. David Cherill is on a roll here.

JJ topless wub.png

Nicole broke my heart. I loved that she stood her ground when Eric accused her of raping her and she only wept when he attacked her character. Greg Vaughan conveys so much emotion with just his eyes and facial expressions, it really is a talent. As an aside, I liked that Nicole said the reason she dressed inappropriately at the church was to make Eric notice - glad the writers addressed that.

Kristen smashing the teddy bear against the piano FTW. I need those scenes giffed! Also her stroking the teddy bear later. Kristen's temper has always been her undoing, but I think this is more than that - she is unravelling (possibly forced on by definitive confirmation of her infertility).

Abby going to Maggie was made of wtferry. Abby dear, Mags has no [!@#$%^&*] to give for JJ - in her head, she is like if JJ goes to jail, Dannifer have a shot at reuniting.

Thank goodness for sweeps :)

• Members

I agree, today was very, very good.

Nicole and Eric wasn't what would typically happen in a soap, she stood her ground and fought back against the accusation, owned up to her failings, but pointed out some of his own...AND smashed up some altar flowers. The two of them have chemistry. The Nicole/Eric dynamic has basically existed through their chemistry, it isn't as if it's been a well developed story between the two of them, they've done great work.

Kristen. I love her scenes, all of them, I have yet to see one in Eileen's run where I was bored. She brings her A Game.

• Members

For the first time in a long time, I have to say Go Abby! Loved her going in on Jennifer and sticking up for JJ

Maggie gets a visit from Abigail about JJ and her first instinct is to run to Daniel about Jennifer.

Melissa Reeves sounds so hoarse that its distracting me. She should have taken a sick week and let the role be temp-casted

When Nicole screamed "I AM NOT LYING!", that was a Vicki Gulvenson scream there. With that, I kind of felt sorry for her but I feel bad for Eric. The words he used for her were quite cruel but I cant blame him. AZ did amazing work here. This is an Emmy worthy episode for her

sad yet true. Maggie doesn't give a damn about JJ as long as he's in Daniel's way

• Members

Theresa pulls a Cecil Colby on JJ. That kid, he just gets himself into bad situation after bad situation. I'm really curious about how he's going to handle this... call the paramedics, flee the scene, or she'll revive at the last minute? I just do not care for Theresa. I don't find the character compelling, nor do I find her scheming fun to watch.

EJ mad mugging Cameron was so unnecessary, the guy did absolutely nothing wrong and he continues to keep the truth from Abby.

Would it have killed them to let Maxine change out of her scrubs when she met up with Jen?

Archived