Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

YRBB

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>First look at Henry Cavill as <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Superman?src=hash">#Superman</a> in <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/BatmanvSuperman?src=hash">#BatmanvSuperman</a>. <a href="http://t.co/2P0lWyGdJU">pic.twitter.com/2P0lWyGdJU</a></p>&mdash; Batman v Superman (@BatmanvSuperman) <a href="

3, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• Members

Yes, and my response then was they turned him into Batman. Superman is supposed to be in bright colors and smile. He got by 75 years just fine with the sun perpetually shining on him, and now they have turned him into this gloomy Batman wannabe so he fits better into the Batman formula. I can only imagine what is in store for Wonder Woman and Aquaman.

• Members

Well Nolan directed the film so we knew it was going to be a diffrent Superman. I think that writing was on the wall as soon as Superman Returns (2006) was deemed a Box Office failure. I agree that Man Of Steel was a let down for me because it just seemed so against what Clark Kent and Superman were originally about.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

How predictable, anything is better than the NBC Wonder Woman costume, but I hate that they did the typical ultra-serious look with dark colors and no resemblance to the original costume. My favorite thing about the X-Men First Class films was that they allowed those characters to wear costumes that looked like the comics and they were proud of who they are. This looks like Xena Warrior Princess, not Wonder Woman.

• Members

I'm seeing other images that show more color to the costume once you remove the filter from the image.

2uy525f.jpg

Frankly I'm happy they toned down the star spangled nonsense. That type of jingoistic patriotism is so 1940s. Wonder Woman is a greek goddess. I just wish they'd done away with the skirt and put her in pants. It's hard to fight crime in a swimsuit.

• Members

Wonder Woman has had a ton of looks, many of them that were ugly, but I still feel the Lynda Carter one is the mos iconic and what they should be trying to update. You could easily take that and make it look stronger. When it comes to Batman or Superman they acknowledge how iconic that look is and simply update it. I also think a Wonder Woman reboot should be set in the 40s ala Captain America. As an orgins story I feel that is the best way to handle it and also when Wonder Woman was at her strongest.

I'd like a costume like this:

wonder_woman_by_jeffach-d59egpa.jpg

• Members

Are you sure? That may be a fan edit as Ive seen several trying to modify the image.

Im also fine with her not in underwear or booty shorts. I think the skirt works though and it will depend with what type of portrayal we get of her. Is she already modernized or is she coming straight from the Amazon? If its the latter, it would make sense for her to be in more traditional wear and it would also explain why she isn't blinged out in star spangled gear

BTW, were you hoping for something like this?

364933WonderWomannew52RealV2.jpg

Archived