Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

YRBB

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

These DC movies are a MESS. They're trying, desperately, to copy Marvel's formula but Marvel set this in motion almost a decade ago! They planned it out extremely well. DC is just throwing everything at the wall and seeing what sticks.

Trust me, if people went to see those Wrath of the Titans movies, they will watch Wonder Woman. Her story is not that hard to tell or digest.

• Members

They're definitely trying to create their own successful franchise.

I think in regards to MOS 2, they are clearly taking into consideration the very mixed reviews the movie got. Clearly some people are going to believe the positive aspect and some the negative aspect and they are trying to fight against that by adding Batman and Wonder Woman into the mix to ensure that people will give it a second chance. Surely if someone is on the fence after the first movie will give it another shot?

It can work. I'm not sure it will, but at the very least people on the fence (and those who disliked the first movie) might be curious enough to try again since all these exciting elements have been added. Naturally, not everyone will think is exciting but I'm sure that's not how the studio sees it. As far as I'm concerned, they're trying, and I have no other opinion until I see footage.

• Members

IMO, WW has no business in this. Neither does Batman for that matter. Both characters should be established in their own respective films before crossing over. Their big enough to warrant it bc it's not like they are random C list JL members. Doesn't seem like there would be much screen time to properly set things up and get good characterization and story

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Warner Bros. has pushed production on the untitled “Superman-Batman” movie to the second quarter of this year and it will now be released on May 6, 2016.

The Peter Pan origin story “Pan” is being put in its place on July 17, 2015. “Superman-Batman” will now square off against a Marvel film which Marvel has still not announced.

The film is still in pre-production with Henry Cavill set to star alongside Affleck, and Zack Snyder is on to helm.

In a statement, Warners said the decision was made to “help fully realize the vision.” Warners is still casting the film including the main villain role which sources tell Variety is still in Joaquin Phoenix’s court.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived