DAYS: Month of July discussion

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Somebody over at Days really excels at writing umbrella SLs because the past few months have been a steady build of different threads coming together and culminating in one major SL payoff involving the ensemble. It has been so satisfying to watch.

Greg Vaughan really came into his own, maybe for the first time. The last few days, he seemed truly comfortable with the other actors, especially with Ali Sweeney. When she was bragging to the bishop, he had his arm on her shoulder and it was all very natural. I forget that they were cast in a TV movie recently were they played love interests, which must have helped to foster the connection between the two as "twins" on Days.

GV's scene where he got angry with Nicole was also very present. Nicole was speaking for the audience (well, me -- sorry, jp!) when she said that Sami was so self-aggrandizing in front of everybody, even with the cuffs on her wrists. Sami is totally that character who, when she is on a high, starts throwing her weight around and pissing people off, and then it is 'pride comes before a fall' for her.

Adrienne and Justin's eyes meeting when she walked into the room -- wow. I love how Days is giving these two ostensibly recurring characters such crucial material. I almost forgot Will and Sonny were there. Speaking of WilSon, everytime they mention Gabi, I'm like "Who? Oh, yeah, her." CB is better than she used to be, but I'm still not invested in her like I am with so many of the characters featured in the last few episodes.

Hope/KA is such a MVP in this supporting role. Also, that little girl playing Ciara is a little star in the making. I'm not sure if Days has another +40 years to go but at this rate, I kind of hope the original actress playing Ciara grows into the role as she gets older, kind of like Kimberley McCullough.

• Members

LMAO, Teresa called Jennifer, Jenny. That was too funny.

2pzz62d.gif

Loved that line.

OMG, Jenny left work AGAIN! How many times can a person come and go to work for 5 minutes in one day?

I LOVE Kristen and Jenny's friendship. Kristen instrantly makes her likeable again

With Will confessing to Justin the truth today, it made me wonder if they are going to

• Members

This was a winner of a show. It's been good all week. Longer, actually. It took a big leap in quality in the episode where Sami shot Bernardi. Before that, probably. Every day is not equally good. There are still "filler" days, but even there, there's a nugget of something good somewhere. Dialogue. A performance or two. Something that keeps me coming back.

Today Judi Evans distinguished herself by her performance. She's always been good. She just very seldom gets the material that she ought to get in order to show it. Wally did a great job, too. I can't think of anyone today who wasn't good in their role.

• Members

I agree - Ali looks AWESOME on the cover of every magazine/photo shoot I see her in. She rocks it! I'm so glad that Ali has and continues to remain so loyal to Days when she has and continues to find success in other areas... most people would have dropped Days the second they got 'The Biggest Loset' gig.. but Ali has remained dedicated to Days even in finding success in multiple places and that means a lot to me as a loyal Days viewer.

Archived