DAYS: Month of July discussion

• Members

NOT here for Kate wringing her hands over Rafe. NEXT.

I did like the Gabi/Rafe interaction. Will was useless but it was nice he was included in all of that, especially since Kate was there and Rafe of course had just seen the paper about Bernardi/Sami. I love how EVERYTHING is interwined again. Anyway ...

LOL @ Kristen high-tailing it out of the Kiriakis place. I knew she was going to go do some snooping and nip this in the bud. LOVE her considering dressing up as Susan. I wonder if she does? It'd be a nice nod without Eileen actually having to "bring" Susan back, because no one at the show seems interested in that.

Nice to have so many Sami free days! I mean, I'm glad she's not Super Mom Heroine Sami anymore and she's much more like the old Sami, but damn, getting arrested does wonders for this character, at least this week. I figured we'd have days of her.

Sigh to Dannifer. And Abby on her prop patrol. GMAFB. Kate Mansi CAN act but this [!@#$%^&*] for Abby doesn't work. At all.

LOVED Kayla catching Jeannie Theresa. I figured she would, but it was still good. Of course the followup was all of 5 seconds before MBE filled her barely over-5 quota.

The show has been great lately but today was a little zzzz.

Oh, Kristen thanking Jesus like the nun did was hilarious.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

VvPjZeK.jpg

I couldn't believe she had the nerve to say that about Theresa given she is never at work for more than 10 minutes at a time

QklxfMU.jpg

The return of Susan! This should be fun although I have no idea why she is entertaining this thought. That flashback seemed so oddly placed

• Members

Sami had been cleared, but it was stated the case could be revisited if new evidence turned up. If this was all over, Adrienne providing the police with the tape would have done nothing. So really, it wasn't a shut case.

What reasons does Adrienne have to believe Sami was protecting Rafe? Sami claims there was a weapon, but no weapon was found. All Adrienne has is Sami's word, which is particularly spotty given that she claimed she didn't know Bernardi. Now, I don't think Adrienne knew this piece of information for sure, but the video proves a previous history between Bernardi and Sami which clearly helps the case. Adrienne felt it was her duty to give the police information rather than obstruct justice.

It was clear Adrienne knew Justin and Sonny might not find her actions kosher. After the cop thanked Adrienne, she said she wasn't sure her family was going to be happy with her decision. I think most loving mothers would risk their children hating them if it meant keeping them safe. Adrienne's overwhelming concern was her son's freedom.

Do you think if the situation was reversed Sami would have given any thought to providing the police with a video that would have proved Adrienne lied and sent her to prison to keep Will from prison? Because she certainly didn't mind getting back in bed with the devil (Stefano) in order to keep Will safe.

I really don't think Adrienne had done anything to shoot herself in the foot. She fears for Sonny when he is with Will because of the drama that seems envelope him and his family. I understand that, while I also understand that Sonny loves Will. I love how the show highlights the parallels in the plots. Did you happen to see the confrontation between Marlena and Adrienne over Adrienne's feelings about Will and Sonny? Adrienne made a fascinating point about how Marlena doesn't support Sami and E.J. because she thinks E.J. could put Sami and their family in danger. It was a good point and has been Marlena's guiding philosophy in several of the recent Marlena / Sami scenes.

Everyone involved with the video badly handled the situation. Deleting it wasn't the right answer. Sami lying about her connection wasn't the right answer. If they had come clean in the beginning, they could have worked their way around it. If E.J., like Abe pointed out, proved Bernardi was on the Dimera payroll, they could have eliminated some of the drama. Lying only complicated the situation. I find it hard to fault Adrienne for speaking the truth.

I understand your opinion; I don't agree with it. I think the story is complex enough that the audience can root for Adrienne and Sami for very vital reasons. I just happen to think Adrienne did what she believed was best, and I don't think she should be punished for it.

• Members

Marathoned Tues-Fri. I didn't like most of this week - first bad week in like 7 months for me, so I'll be patient with the show.

If I was Jen, I would be violent by now if every person I ever spoke to (Abby, Maxine, Kristen, Maggie, even frigging Nicole) told me to get back with that hairy orange (who is now playing supersleuth for his new love interest patient Eric - GMAFB). The assault on viewers is daily now. I could ignore it if the Dannifer pimping wasn't every frigging day, but yeesh give us a break.

Rafe is awful. Fearless prediction: Rafe will fall in love with his physiotherapist which will cause Kate to go bonkers and try kill one of them and then Stefano will swoop in once again to save her. I really hope that never happens.

Alison Sweeney is an awful actress - the Drake Hogestyn of her generation.

Stuff I did like: Kristen. Nicole & Eric. Theresa and JJ. Will and Gabi. Victor, Caroline & Ciara. Chad and Abby. Everything Adrienne and Justin. Melinda Trask. Abe vs EJ.

I can finally tell the difference between Bev and Theresa now lol.

Line of the week was Nicole to Eric on Sami's arrest :"Please! She did everything but ask Argentina to cry for her"

It's strikes me as peculiar that this regime generally write good stories for younger characters and are hit-and-miss with older characters.

• Members

This week was really good. Some thoughts!

1) Continue to love the cast integration/umbrella storylines. I really feel like Salem is a community and it makes the show feel so much more alive! I mean, even at the "new school opening" HOW many characters were there? Like 15 maybe? They HAD to spend some money on that! It was great to see so many characters together like that in the same scenes!

2) Love EJ/Nicole scenes and their amazing chemistry together. These two play off each other so well.

3) Also Loved the Hope/Marlena scenes! Two Days icons and legends. It's worth repeating - the interconnected-ness on canvas right now is amazing

4) Since Rafe has only appeared in like 10 episodes since May (just my estimate) I wonder if now we'll be seeing a TON of him... or if they just reduced his episode guarantee for this year. Seems like GG would have a lot of episodes to make up for now that he's "awake" I mean he's literally had next to nothing for airtime for over 2 months.

5) I love how Will mentioned his shooting EJ (which happened in 2007-ish, right?) I really appreciate it when things from the past continue to drive story today... Will shooting EJ happened when Chris Gerse was in the role.. that was 2 Will's and a couple Switzerland trip's ago.

6) Love seeing Justin/Adrienne more. They are both amazing actors.

7) I was PUMPED (and shocked as well) to see the Salem High set again. Obviously its a different set, but, I don't think we've seen Salem High since the Last Blast days have we? And that was at least 2002-03ish. I hope they continue to show it from time to time with JJ/Rory. I love how they again remembered the show's history and there was a Salem High tiger mascot on the wall.. the same mascot from the Last Blast days I believe.

8) Enjoyed seeing Jennifer chat with Tom/Alice at their memorial in HTS.. even though they have made that set smaller several months ago.. I'm really glad Tom/Alice's plaque remains.

9) Love the Brady/Eric brother connection.

10) Lastly, I LOVE the idea of Susan coming back. Just seeing Kristen break out those false teeth at the end of Friday's show got me so excited!! I think the writers right now TOTALLY have the writing chops to bring Susan back (many writers in the past I would have said "no way" to bringing her back, because it would just fall flat... but I would LOVE to see Susan Banks come home to wreak havoc on Kristen, Stefano, and especially her baby Elvis smile.png

• Members

Totally shocked to see "Susan" at the end of Friday's episode. Didn't see them going down that road at this point. Love when something unexpected happens.

I think Galen just proved acting is not like riding a bike. This break did not do him any favors.

• Members

Can someone explain it though? I don't get why she is entertaining the thought of being Susan again

What would be funny is if she went through all the trouble of being Susan again only to be instantly found out by EJ bc Susan doesn't look like a hot mess any more but rather more like Kristen with no fashion sense. Kristen hasn't seen her since the 90s so she wouldn't necessarily know what she looks like today

• Members

Not sure why they are pulling out the Susan disguise for this "caper." Susan was hardly one to be under the radar with her quirks, etc. Kristen: just hire one of Daddy's "experts" to clean the room and save "Susan" for something more believable. Regardless, it will be great seeing ED bringing Susan back to life after all these years.

Archived